Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Facet Interrupter fuel pumps
PeterGT4

posted on 14/12/03 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
Facet Interrupter fuel pumps

(First post on this board)

I'm not sure if this is discussed elsewhere on this site, but I have a question concerning Facet Interrupter fuel pumps. I purchased one recently (a "Blue Top" for my other car - Ferrari 308 GT4) and was told by a friend of mine that these are known to be unreliable. Is this true?

I have little choice but to install it, as its the only one I know which will work (and is endorsed by Ferrari UK to be a compatible replacement for the one currently on my car... A Corona and NLA).

By-the-way, I joined this site not to just ask this question, but I am planning on building a Locost in the near future. I was going to a few years ago, but bought the Ferrari instead. I love it, but still longing for a Locost.

Thanks.

Peteff

posted on 14/12/03 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
I've not heard any bad reports on them. The blue top pump has a freer flowing filter than the red but is otherwise same. The mounting may affect reliability but the pumps are used in rally cars so they are well proven.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Jon Ison

posted on 14/12/03 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
used them on competition cars for years, never let me down, allways ran "filter king" press reg with them, dunno if that made any diff, guess not cos that was after pump.

paulbeyer

posted on 14/12/03 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
James, there's a Ferrari powered Locost in Oz. Surprised you haven't done one yourself.

Let me know if you decide to do one coz there's a good breakers not to far from me that do a good line in exotic cars. Cleeve motor salvage in Gloucester seem to end up with most of the cars written off by JK from Jarmiraquoi and he gets through quite a few. Last time I was up there they had his Diablo there along with a Jag XK220 and more Ferrari's and Porchse's than you could shake a shitty stick at. Check out there web site at www.something or other (easily found if you do a search in google).

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

PeterGT4

posted on 15/12/03 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies folks. I'm in the midst of installing the pump, but at least I can rest a little better knowing it should last for a long time (and considering other Ferrari owners have had success with using them too).

As for a Ferrari-Locost... I'll keep my Ferrari the way it is! A Locost would at least satisfy my racing desire. Racing a Ferrari costs big money, really fast...

PeterGT4

posted on 15/12/03 at 07:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulbeyer
...there's a Ferrari powered Locost in Oz...

Curious, what model of Ferrari engine is it using? 2 litre or 3 litre V-8?

Wouldn't make much sense to me, since both utilise the same block (smaller liners for the 2 lt. with same stroke) and they are heavy motors! When I did an engine-out major service on my car, I hoisted it out. Engine, tranny and clutch must've weighed 500+ lbs... Engine alone was probably 200+ lbs. Rescued attachment MeEngine1.jpg
Rescued attachment MeEngine1.jpg

Metal Hippy

posted on 15/12/03 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
Who cares when you have that Ferrari howl...?

I wouldn't.

Cock off or cock on. You choose.

PeterGT4

posted on 15/12/03 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Ahhh, yes, I see what you mean...

Hellfire

posted on 15/12/03 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Worth it...

listening to the Ferrari howl is deffo getting wet for... slap it in a GT2 (Banshee?)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.