Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Trailer for free!!
phelpsa

posted on 8/4/04 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Trailer for free!!

Got a big day tomorrow. Just bought a trailer for the grand sum of £0, and some wheels for the grand sum of £215. Going to collect them tomorrow.

The trailer is caravan chassis based and was originally asigned to carrying an MG midget. Needs a bit of work but you can't complain if you are getting it for free.

The wheels are 5x KN Jupiter wheels off a cateringvan with 5x decent Yokohama A021-R tyres.

Going all the way to Surrey on a bank holiday weekend is going to be fun.

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Scotty

posted on 8/4/04 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
you lucky git !
so, you'r off to join all the other caravan towing b*ggers clogging the roads!

phelpsa

posted on 8/4/04 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
The usual caravan towers stuff there 'vans full of table and bed, at least mine is stuffed full of Locost. I am not protecting the people who do 50mph in the middle lane, but the national speed limit while towing a caravan is 56mph.

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gjn200

posted on 8/4/04 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
60, to be picky. Or if your following me, as fast as I can before it starts to snake!!

<- Me!

phelpsa

posted on 9/4/04 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Just collected the trailer and I am glad I didn't have to pay anything for it.
madforfishing

posted on 9/4/04 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
I take it there was a good reason for it being 'free' then ? ie. take this away please ?

phelpsa

posted on 10/4/04 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Well, NO lights, in the advert it said they just needed work, no jockey wheel, brake rod had snapped but is still there....

It can be cleaned up tbut there will need to be a lot of work.

Anyway the wheels were perfect. Only a bit of kerbing on the spare.

Adam

greggors84

posted on 10/4/04 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
I picked up another caterham bargain the other day. Bought 5 HPC wheels for £230 in perfect condition with good michelin pilots. The bloke had bought them for a spare set, but never really used them so he wanted rid of them.
Was also going to get a caterham heated screen for £30 including surrounds and supports, i was away so couldnt pick it up for a couple of weeks, the bloke said he would keep it for me, but i email him when i wanted to pick it up and havent heard from him since. So im guessing someone else got a bargain.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.