Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Industrial Units/Garages
Benzine

posted on 22/4/04 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Industrial Units/Garages

I need some advice about renting a place over the summer (from about now until september/october). I'm looking at building a kit car, currently i'm in a gap year between switching universities and i have every waking hour from now until september/october to build a kit car (i don't have to complete it by then) . I wanted to know about renting somewhere as i don't really have the room at home. If anyone can give any help on the following it would be helpful:

- Where do i look/go to find somewhere to rent?

- What kind of size should it be? (i've look around on websites a little and they all seem too large, i'm looking at perhaps something the size of a double garage)

- What kind of costs would be involved/would it be feasible?

- Any other advice?

Thanks for any help!
Ben

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 22/4/04 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Ben,

You could have a look in your local papers. People often rent out unused garages for a monthly figure.

Bear in mind that you will be making a mess/noise that mey upset some neighbours (NIMBYs) and you will need power, light and good security.

You may be able to manage with less space than you think, particularly if you can buy/collect the kit in stages so you don't have to store loads of stuff.

HTH

James

posted on 22/4/04 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
You could try the council for a garage. I have one that I store lots of junk in. It's £7 per week. It's no good for working in though as no power/lights.

Jasper built his in a single council garage but he managed to get power in his.

If you go this route then check the terms and conditions- in Guildford they prohibit you from building stuff there.

HTH,

James

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.