Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Place to spray car in west sussex
pekwah1

posted on 30/8/22 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Place to spray car in west sussex

Hi all,

Been a while off the forum, don’t have a 7esque car any more but have a classic beetle based Dino inspired rebody kit as per below link if you’re interested:

https://youtu.be/U-UNeTXr28s

I’m getting it ready for a respray currently so lots of sanding and filling, problem is I’ve got all the kit to be able to paint but nowhere to actually do it!

Was wondering if there’s anyone in West Sussex who knows of a place I can take the car for a day or few to spray it?
Closer to Horsham the better!

Thanks in advance if anyone knows of anywhere
Cheers
Andy

cliftyhanger

posted on 30/8/22 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
I sprayed a car outside a few weeks ago, turned out OK but I was seriously out of practice. Now flatted with 2000 ready for machine polish with g3.

Anyway I was talking to a chap the other day, and he has just bought a new inflatable spray booth. Cist him £600, reckons it will sell easily for £500 once he has finished...

nick205

posted on 31/8/22 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
Never sprayed a vehicle, my experience is limited to rattle cans and painting parts. Generally fiddling about getting the part warm and the rattle can warm and well shaken. Always done inside though.

Is spraying a vehicle outside not hard work to keep dust and bugs etc. out of the wet paint?

pekwah1

posted on 31/8/22 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
I did look at the pop up spray tent but actually don’t have an area I could realistically put one and get the car to it so do need a premises of some kind
macc man

posted on 1/9/22 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
I bought a cheap tent £35 from a mate. I have done lots of panels etc in it. I set it up on the grass and use fly spay fist to kill all the bugs.
Ideal if a windy day also keeps the temp up. A bit small for a full car though.

cliftyhanger

posted on 1/9/22 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205

Is spraying a vehicle outside not hard work to keep dust and bugs etc. out of the wet paint?

yu get some bugs, but not too much. Way better than doing in a garage where, despite sweeping, using the airline, mopping etc etc the paint gets loads of sh!t in it. Even stapling polythene over the roof joists, and draping it down the brick walls, stuff just appears. And that is using 2 large car rad fans, cur into board, filling a window.

nick205

posted on 1/9/22 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cliftyhanger
quote:
Originally posted by nick205

yu get some bugs, but not too much. Way better than doing in a garage where, despite sweeping, using the airline, mopping etc etc the paint gets loads of sh!t in it. Even stapling polythene over the roof joists, and draping it down the brick walls, stuff just appears. And that is using 2 large car rad fans, cur into board, filling a window.

Fair dos and useful feedback. As I say, never done it myself so no personal experience, Now you describe the grime of working in a home garage and not a dedicated spray booth I can well imagine the airborne crud!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.