Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA - No more!
ChrisW

posted on 30/4/02 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
SVA - No more!

sorry guys - In trying to sort out Chris' blank post at the beginning I managed to delete the whole thread. Doh!

Anyway, here it is again...

Soz! Chris.

quote:

chrisg

Hello Chaps,

As an Englishman what do you reckon is the biggest problem in this country?

The rising crime rate? Drugs?

Do you know what has been the most pressing business for Her Majesty's Government this week?

Making Me take the online SVA off my website !!

That's it chaps, no more SVA on the site, under threat of big lawyers, sorry

I'm sure it will reappear on the net somewhere.

Cheers

Chris

quote:

MarkD

I'm guessing that if someone had made a copy of your orginal files and that person also knew how to create a web page an anonymous web server such as Tripod it would be quite easy to get around this....

quote:

Jon Ison

you know Chris, i feel much better knowing my tax as hunted down a true criminal while mear murder's roam the streets, good old blighty eh...doh humbug.
But how the hell without searching did they know it was there ?

quote:

chrisg

Dunno Jon,

Maybe someone on t.o.l?

It's no skin off my nose, cos my cars finished but as you say, without them being "alerted" they wouldn't have found it.
In all probability someone who considers themselves a "Locoster" has lost everyone else this resource, good going eh!!

Cheers

Chris

quote:

locodude

Chris
You're a bad man. I said nothing good would come of this!
Chris PTM

quote:

Dunc

Since it's a government thing anyway it should be available on a a government server for free, non of this having to pay for it shite, we all pay enough in taxes as it is without anymore of this crap.

quote:

chrisg

That's not what the 35st guy in the shades said!

Cheers

Chris

quote:

paulbeyer

Hi Chris,

As soon as I found out you had the SVA info available on your site I made all of the info you had available offline on my PC as I didn't think it would stay up for long.

Did someone tip off the DVLA? probably, but you'd be surprised how much data and web traffic is being continually monitored.

I work for a large American telecommunications company and most of what we do "benefits" the US governmet.

You have been warned, you are not alone.....

quote:

stephen_gusterson

Chris,

I would recon that after a while, all that a bored person at DVLA would need to do is search the net with google or whatever, and at some time its gotta list your sva stuff.

It wont be hard for them to find if they look.

How about creating a yahoo group called sva and putting it in there?

they wouldnt be able to trace the owner so easy......

atb

steve

quote:

chrisg

hi Steve,

I never used the three letters S V or A in any meta tags or site descriptions, so I think the tip off is more likely as the search engines wouldn't have found it.

What you chaps need to do is to Daisy-chain the info around the different sites. I.e put it up until politely asked to remove it, and move it on to the next site in the chain.
As long as whoever has it, removes it promptly when asked they'll be ok.

Notice I said "you chaps"
It's nothing to do with me, officer, honest!

I'm sure there's a copy somewhere.

Cheers

Chris

quote:

Dunc

Its more likely they found the link by searching SVA and coming up with it on one of the clubs and following it to your site rather than going directly to your site. PS you should just've kicked the 35st guy in the nuts and told him to get the fukc out your face.

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dazza

posted on 30/4/02 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
so the boss makes mistakes then!!!!!!

never mind, i am sure we will all forgive you!

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

eccles

posted on 1/5/02 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys

There is still SVA info available on the net on the homepage of Jépé Mast. As its a Dutch site I guess he is likely to get grief.

URL http://www.jpmast.nl/

Hope it's of some help to someone.

Alan

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eccles

posted on 1/5/02 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Whoops :O( "less likely to get grief"

Alan

DEAN C.

posted on 1/5/02 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
Just my luck, I've been trying to find the thing for the last few days.
Too late as usual.I agree with the other comments about the fact that it should be published on a government site for everyone to access.
I thought the SVA test was for our benefit and safer motoring,or is it really another stealth tax.Oops!
Thats me off Mr Blairs christmas list thank goodness.
Got to go, someones at the door with sunglasses on .

phil.shelton

posted on 2/5/02 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
maybe if someones still got it they could email it out to us. If anyone does I could putit on cdrom and postit to anyone who needs it. Other wise maybe it could be posted on a site somewhere and titled regulations.
jcduroc

posted on 5/5/02 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
Hi all
As I am a Portuguese citizen I might try to create a web site (I've never tried) and put in the rules (which I copied from ...)
I guess your f...... british officers can not pursuit me!

Give me a few weeks (I hope)
Must I disguise my name?

theconrodkid

posted on 5/5/02 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
The long arm of the law will stop at nothing
to hunt you down like a dog,extradite you to
England and hang you by the short n curlies
they cant catch criminals so you will do you!
Your probably ok over there but check with the law first.
ps send us some sun!

jcduroc

posted on 23/5/02 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hi ConRodKid

While there is no web site I've put my ugly photo with a sunny sea background; nice, isn't it?

Cheers
João

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.