Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Canadians
gigatron

posted on 27/8/03 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
Canadians

First let me introduce myself I'm Angelo and I'm from Oakville, Ontario. Just 18 years old... but I love cars!

I Spent the last 3 years+ looking at all sorts of car brands and makes and finally when I thought I found my ultimate little car (ultimate as in overall quality of what you get and its value meaning; handling, acceleration, uniqueness safety and enthusiasm) I thought hmm Toyota MR2 MK2 Turbo!

But then I ran across information in regards to the Locost.. AND WHATA FIND IT WAS!

So I spent time reading on the internet including this forum here and there, but it didn't do me justice till I finally purchased the 2nd edition book.

Now I have a dilemma whilst in the conceptualization stage. I need to familiarize myself with what Canadian locost builders do.

Are there any Canadian locost builders? I believe I only found one rotary guy Ron or Rob, but he only has pictures and no contact if I can recall.

I think I spotted a few 4AGE people and one with a Nissan engine.. while another guy with an actual sierra imported from britain.. None of them really had any information though, just pictures..

I am a total newb so please tell me where may I start. Are there any Canadians on this board?

Are there Canadian specific forums/sites for locosts?

Thanks in advance, oh and Locosts have to kick ass

I hope to put everything on paper first (the possible parts I will need/have/etc...) and the materials metal sheets, pipes, etc.. etc..

Then the next stage would be creating that in CAD. Trying it out virtually.

Then when I get that all sorted I would like to finally begin designing in real life

[Edited on 27/8/03 by gigatron]

stephen_gusterson

posted on 27/8/03 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
welcome, and you found the best group first!

go to

http://groups.yahoo.com

and search for locost. there is a north american group.

atb

steve

Peteff

posted on 28/8/03 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Having watched South Park the Movie a few times I am an expert on Canadians.. Where are you really from as you don't sound at all like Terrance or Phillip.
Nice to hear from someone under 20 who isn't just interested in big speakers though.

yours, Pete

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

James

posted on 2/9/03 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Having watched South Park the Movie a few times I am an expert on Canadians.. Where are you really from as you don't sound at all like Terrance or Phillip.
Nice to hear from someone under 20 who isn't just interested in big speakers though.

yours, Pete

And Due South of course!

Gigatron, do you not find the hat and the red jacket get a bit messed up when working on the car?

Cheers,

James

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.