Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: CCC magazine gone bust...
ned

posted on 17/9/03 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
CCC magazine gone bust...

Probably old news for some of you, but I only just found out!

see this thread on another forum for details:
http://www.racecar.co.uk/cgi/forums/YaBB.cgi?board=misc_parts&action=display&num=1063524155

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyps

posted on 17/9/03 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
I heard about this yesterday (mentioned in Autocar magazine).

Its a shame, but as CCC was a magazine I used to buy regularly but haven't for ages because it changed and rarely had articles I was interested in maybe it is not surprising - at least it didn't go the max power route - better to die gracefully?!

[Edited on 17/9/03 by andyps]

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

Noodle

posted on 17/9/03 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
CCC had been searching for a change in formula for sometime. They plumped for buy-a-hot-hatch-and-track-day-it. If they'd have majored on building cars (not how much money you can spend on a Civic Type R), they'd have been in with a chance. They had nice photographs but it got a bit voyeuristic in the tuning department, not so hands on. As it was, those into wheels and frenzied masturbation bought Max Power and everyone else surfed the web frequented sites such as this.

Real shame. Hey ho.

Neil.

D Beddows

posted on 17/9/03 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
I'm afraid I stopped buying it a good while ago after starting to suspect that it was being sponsored by the Lotus Elise owners club.......... I will miss reading Dave Walkers articles when I'm in WH Smiths tho
kingr

posted on 18/9/03 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
I used to buy it too, about 6 months ago, but got sick of it, too many dull articles about rallying and car comparisons and other dull things that aren't the practical side to making cars go fast. What really put the nail in their coffin as far as I was concerned was when they road tested the R32, the article was boring, whinged about how soft it was (it's a road car, it's a VW golf, what do you expect?) and all this about 2 months after all the other car magazines had given their opinion. Admittedly, I can sypathise with them on being late - they probably wouldn't have been the first to get the car to review, and they probably have to save money by going for longer lead times from the printers. But either way, I buy EVO for road car reveiews, not CCC.

I hope all this doesn't sound too negative, I did genuinely rate CCC for quite a while, and they did at least dare to do something other than fibreglass stick on bits and speakers.

Kingr

bob

posted on 19/9/03 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
HELL

Where am i going to get my rally design catalogue now

Stu16v

posted on 19/9/03 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Rally Design???

Dont just build it.....make it!

Rob Lane

posted on 23/9/03 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Batrads, I've just received my bank statement and CCC took my years subscription last month!!

ijohnston99

posted on 23/9/03 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
The publishers are still going. Was the D/D not with them??

You should be able to get your cash back.

Ian

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.