Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: What do you do when enthusiasm is lacking?
Dick Axtell

posted on 8/12/03 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Slow but sure(?)

quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
Mind you, I can't stand up as a quick, get-it-done builder - I started 5 years ago, and only now am I near to completion!

David - Relieved to hear someone who's taking longer than me!!. Might just complete the build within 4yrs.
As for keeping up the enthusiasm, that's no problem. Just finished laminate floor at my daughter's, after helping out over minor ding to her car. Now working on the roof of our side passage. You now how these supposedly quick jobs develop :-

"Oh look!! This rotten wood has to be replaced, and while I'm at it I'll re-glaze this part, oh, and might as well totally replace the woodwork support frame......"

The enthusiasm to finish off these bl**dy jobs and get back on to the really important project is now really charged up.

[Edited on 8/12/03 by Dick Axtell]

David Jenkins

posted on 9/12/03 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Well, to be honest, I've never had a full erection...

Well, that was a conversation killer, wasn't it!

DJ

A hint... I was joking...

David Jenkins

posted on 9/12/03 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Axtell

David - Relieved to hear someone who's taking longer than me!!. Might just complete the build within 4yrs.

Dick,

The biggest problem I have is time, rather than enthusiasm. I commute into London from Monday to Friday, and by the time I've had my dinner and tidied up there's little evening left. When the weekend comes there are always domestic duties to be done, although my wife is very good in not quibbling about the odd half-day garage time on Sat and/or Sunday.

Hence my previous comment about doing something, no matter how small - at present I'm trying to get my dashboard finished and fitted, which can be done in small chunks of time.

cheers,

David

timf

posted on 9/12/03 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
The biggest problem I have is time, rather than enthusiasm.

nothing to do with being a self confessed perfectionist
then david

[Edited on 9/12/03 by timf]

David Jenkins

posted on 9/12/03 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
There is that, I suppose - trouble is, if I know something isn't as good as it could be, then it annoys me intensely until I've fixed it!

I've been sitting on that tendency for the past few months, to keep things moving onwards.

David

CairB

posted on 9/12/03 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
David,

quote:

Hence my previous comment about doing something, no matter how small - at present I'm trying to get my dashboard finished and fitted, which can be done in small chunks of time.

I used ally and vinyl for mine, how do you get the chunks to stick together

David Jenkins

posted on 10/12/03 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Epoxy resin! (smartarse... )

My dash is made of loads of bits of marine ply, glued, screwed and generally fastened together. Plus a fair dollop of filler to smooth the joins, etc.

...and there's the plastic sheet, vinyl and rubber foam bottom-edge padding... you get the picture!

David

Northy

posted on 14/12/03 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys

Hi fellas,

Thanks for all the support

I've been getting on well recently, doing a few little jobs.

Things were going really well today, I even had some help (see picture below), but was ended early by a trip to Casualty see my latest post in the "Anything else" section

[Edited on 14/12/03 by Northy] Rescued attachment All Triplets Helping.jpg
Rescued attachment All Triplets Helping.jpg

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.