Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Parts prices.
Peteff

posted on 20/12/03 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Parts prices.

My nephew just phoned up, he wants some bits for his car and as I am going to pick my wife up from work I will collect them for him. She drives on Saturday for a local motor factor so we get a discount. I priced the parts, front disks and pads for his 1.8cvh Sierra. Pads £7.80, disks £6.18 each (+ vat) grand total £20.56. Nice surprise for him as he was expecting £30+. I might even get a drink out of him this time seeing as it's near Christmas .

yours, Pete.

P.S. I'll get the kettle on cos it'll be a teabag.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Jon Ison

posted on 20/12/03 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
my tother 1/2 does same job in week, prob same place, iccle sooty vans ? anyhow pair wiper blades Honda Prelude, £3.60, Honda want summat like £20, can't beat a bit o discount.

Peteff

posted on 20/12/03 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
PCS Jon.

The one in Clay Cross. I picked the stuff up for him at knockoff. The disks are Brembo and pads Ferodo,good makes.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Jon Ison

posted on 20/12/03 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
yup, PCS, my other 1/2 is known as "skippy" summat to do with a sooty van and a skip, leave you to work the rest out, "lady drivers" n all that....

Jon Ison

posted on 20/12/03 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
recently fitted a pair of shockers 4 a friend, she was quoted £90 for parts, not fitted btw, £36+vat......... mmm nice.

Simon

posted on 23/12/03 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
When I had my BMW m/c (about 1989) I had to go into BMW shop, where certain prices were listed on the wall.

One that sticks in my mind, was pair front shock, supplied and fitted for

£420

ATB

Simon

PioneerX

posted on 23/12/03 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
Simon,

Thats pennies, my local Jag dealship has the service charges onthe wall. A Jaguar Service for my XJ8 is £720+VAT

Luck for me I work for the company that makes all the service tools so I can all the work myself.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon

posted on 23/12/03 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
PioneerX,

Don't forget bmw prices were 14 years ago, when you could by a small country estate for £7.50, and have enough change for a bag of fire wood

Ludicrous!

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 23/12/03 by Simon]

[Edited on 23/12/03 by Simon]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.