Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Anybody building/built a Stuart Taylor based locost for the road?
NS Dev

posted on 6/4/04 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Anybody building/built a Stuart Taylor based locost for the road?

Is there anybody building a Stuart Taylor based Locost for the road? Has anybody got a finished one with some pics? How have people got on with them. There seem to be few if any mentions of Stuart Taylor on the forum, is there a reason for this?? I am looking around at what is available and ST is a consideration, any recommendations or otherwise?
Staple balls

posted on 6/4/04 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
erm

why is this in the mk section? and i've seen it in another 2 sections so far.

chances are if you put it in one place, you'll get more replies than cross posting

[Edited on 6/4/04 by Staple balls]

NS Dev

posted on 6/4/04 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
It's in here cos I can't find a section more specific to the ST stuff!!! I thought it was most appropriate due to being in the same geographical area!!! (dumb I know but the only thing I could think of)
NS Dev

posted on 6/4/04 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Id best delete this really I suppose but I'm glad I provide at least a little light entertainment. Yes, i wondered why there is no ST "area"?
NS Dev

posted on 6/4/04 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Snoopy, meant to ask, where did you get that GIF from, it really is very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bob

posted on 6/4/04 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure mark h has a stuart taylor chassis,put a post up in locost related that should do it.

Brooky

posted on 6/4/04 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
I got one. I built it last yeat at the stuart taylor workshops. Photos in archive.
U2U me if you have any specific question, or as your near by look in the clubs section and check out the next midlands meeting. Ansty Arms 7:30 - 8:00 ish.

ChrisW

posted on 6/4/04 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Thread moved and all the cross postings deleted

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 6/4/04 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
nice one chris!

markH does indeedy have an ST, SVA'd last year. I think he said he got it part built, there are a few pics in his archive.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Wadders

posted on 6/4/04 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Mmmh, strangely overlooked on the locostbuilders site, considering their achievements in the locost race series.
Some folks have a problem with Ian Gray
who owns ST. But personally i found him ok to deal with. The ST has some nice touches not found on other models, and IMHO looks proportionally "right". Only thing i can really criticise is the quality of the GRP, it's Shi#te. (or at least mine is)

Al.

There seem to be few if any mentions of Stuart Taylor on the forum

[Edited on 6/4/04 by Wadders]

MikeR

posted on 7/4/04 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Interesting, I've seen a few of the completed cars and I always thought it looked pretty good - going to have to have a closer look now!
Peteff

posted on 7/4/04 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Snoopys' avatar

I have it as a .swf file. It runs in full screen and when you run your mouse pointer over it she flashes you. I know it's not locost related but it seems relevant to the thread.

[Edited on 7/4/04 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

NS Dev

posted on 7/4/04 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
heh heh!!! very good!!!
NS Dev

posted on 7/4/04 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Wadders, I personally agree entirely with your humble opinion!! I think the ST loco is the most true to the original Lotus, while getting the up-to-date treatment. My only worries were basically what you outlined, were ST ok to deal with (stuff ready on-time ish), what was the GRP like (on their site it looks very good but I wondered if there were exceptions!), and why isn't there more on this site about them. Also have they ever built a de-dion car, as this is what I really want to build. I am never sure about the independent designs because they are feeding stresses into part of the chassis not designed for them.

I guess if not, and GTS will do me a narrow de-dion axle then I am ok but??? (or I will make my own but I am limited for time with my other racing (non-locost))

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.