Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Check www.luegoracing.com, and give your views
Luego Racing

posted on 14/8/02 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Check www.luegoracing.com, and give your views

Can all you enthusiasts have a look at our web site and give us any good or negative feed back. We are always looking to improve our products or service.
Alan B

posted on 15/8/02 at 01:41 AM Reply With Quote
Well I'll try to be honest.
I'm not a web expert so I'll try and view it as a potential customer.

Good points.

Lots of content and importantly prices.

Easy navigation.

Well set out shop.

Not too gimicky.

Bad points.

Give people a clickable link (on here)

I don't like home pages with little more than "welcome", I like to see who you are or what you do right on the home page.

Under the heading "to be finished", put real pictures in the shop, and real captions under the pics.

Summary:

Needs completing, otherwise helpful, informative, certainly better than many others out there.
Good luck.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Metal Hippy™

posted on 15/8/02 at 02:04 AM Reply With Quote
I'll add something to that...

The bit about saying who you are on the home page is all very well, but I can also see the other side in that you don't want to get bogged down with too much info there.

Maybe a couple of small pics on there (nothing too major or the 56k clan won't be too happy) just to give a bit more of a hint what it is you do exactly...?

A car, wheel and crankshaft doesn't give much away to anyone web hopping around car sites. Trust, me I do that a lot.

Ok, moving on to the shop...

I for one as a customer (and as somebody behind the counter at one stage) really detest the 'subject to VAT' thing.

Put on the REAL price, tell people exactly what they're paying.

That'll give you something to think about I hope.

Maybe you disagree? I'm sure some people on here will...

President of the Non-conformist Locost Builders Club. E-mail for details...

Alan B

posted on 15/8/02 at 02:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
I'll add something to that...

The bit about saying who you are on the home page is all very well, but I can also see the other side in that you don't want to get bogged down with too much info there......

Agreed, but surely it's the flashy graphic welcome that causes bogging rather than some plain informative text.

Also, I would agree about the VAT thing, but didn't spot it due to not living in the UK
Mind you they do it all time over here, in fact I don't think they EVER include the sales tax.

Tell you what though, MH there are some really crappy sites out there aren't there?
Maybe worth a new topic for crappy automotive website nominations?
I'm talking commercial BTW, not personal build sites, mind you some are better than many commercial sites!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Metal Hippy™

posted on 15/8/02 at 02:57 AM Reply With Quote
As far as flash intro things go, that was a relatively undemanding one as far as they go for 56k users like myself.

But I still stand by my suggestion for adding a small pic or two as a bit of a hint...

Anyway Mr B, yes indeed. You can guarantee that whenever looking for a website to cover anything you may be after, you'll find 10 or so seriously shoddy ones before you come across one that's good to get on with.

Going back to the Luego site, it's certainly NOT one of the shoddy ones and I as well as others appreciate being asked for our opinions. So many companies plough on and ignore what customers or potential customers want...

Alan B

posted on 15/8/02 at 03:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
As far as flash intro things go, that was a relatively undemanding one as far as they go for 56k users like myself.

Yes, true there are many a lot worse.

quote:
Going back to the Luego site, it's certainly NOT one of the shoddy ones and I as well as others appreciate being asked for our opinions. So many companies plough on and ignore what customers or potential customers want...

Agreed, definitely one of the better sites, and yes it's always a good idea to invite feedback.

Metal Hippy™

posted on 15/8/02 at 03:15 AM Reply With Quote
I'm getting worried now, there's somebody agreeing with me.

I'm gonna go lie down. Probably a good idea as it's 4:15am.

Night Alan.

Hope I've been of assistance Mr Luego person.

interestedparty

posted on 15/8/02 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
I know lots of people do this 'plus vat' thing but it is tedious and irritating. Every excuse that VAT traders put forward for doing this falls down against the simple idea of showing both prices.

Funny thing, usually the bigger the firm the more likely they are to quote the inclusive price ONLY.
That's what Lolocost do, and Tesco

John

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

stephen_gusterson

posted on 15/8/02 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I'm gonna go lie down. Probably a good idea as it's 4:15am.

So, Hippy, would it be all the 'websites' with 'pictures' thats keeping you up to the early hours, or do the pubs close late your way?

atb

steve

Metal Hippy™

posted on 15/8/02 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Knackers to you my boy

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.