Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: How difficult would it be to build this and what would be the best way.
morcus

posted on 27/1/10 at 02:28 AM Reply With Quote
How difficult would it be to build this and what would be the best way.

This is mostly a hyperthetical question but how difficult would it be to build a seven gullwing coupé like the one in my crude picture, and what would be the best way to do it.
Description
Description

My thoughts were some sort of rollover bars at the a pillar and behind the seat with a bar between them to hindge the doors on and bonding the rest to the car.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

speedyxjs

posted on 27/1/10 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
That should look goooooooood

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Danozeman

posted on 27/1/10 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
Shouldnt be too difficult if you good at fibre glassing. A hinged metal frame to mount it all on wouldnt be too hard.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

Guihanos

posted on 27/1/10 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

You will probably need a rollbar like this one to put your goldwing mecanism on.

But for the rear part of the car I would probably start from a Dutton part because it's roughly the same shape as you want.

Humbug

posted on 27/1/10 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guihanos
Hi,

You will probably need a rollbar like this one to put your goldwing mecanism on.

But for the rear part of the car I would probably start from a Dutton part because it's roughly the same shape as you want.

lol

will121

posted on 27/1/10 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
only concern i would have is the ease of getting in and out, ok with aid of a roll cage to hang onto but with say a fibre glass hard top may be different
morcus

posted on 28/1/10 at 12:38 AM Reply With Quote
I'd want the front of it reinforced somehow so I'd be able to hold on to it for getting in, as long as the amount of roof that opened with the do was sufficient. The actual shape of the rear isn't that important, I just think it needs to be longer than satandard to sort out the roof shape. My inspiration is the Lotus built Coupés but the rears on them look to upright for me and spoil the lines. My paint skills aren't good and I couldn't find the scanner, my hand drawn versions look much better.

Its unlikley I'll get a chance to atempt such a project any time soon but the feedback seems good.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Mr G

posted on 29/1/10 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.