Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Trackday scare (NSFW-language)
tul214

posted on 18/3/13 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Trackday scare (NSFW-language)

made me laugh

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

RK

posted on 18/3/13 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
Obviously...
adithorp

posted on 18/3/13 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
PMSL.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

nick205

posted on 18/3/13 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
PMSL too

How the hell did he get his right foot all the way over on the clutch pedal.......?

NigeEss

posted on 18/3/13 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

garyo

posted on 19/3/13 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
Left food braking gone wrong?
JacksAvon

posted on 19/3/13 at 01:06 AM Reply With Quote
As a former ARDS instructor with Everyman Motorsport I could feel every second of that. Funny though
Grimsdale

posted on 19/3/13 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
offset pedals in an unusual car?
whitestu

posted on 19/3/13 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
I like the instructors closing remark as he tries to remain professional: "I'm fine but that's ... less than an ideal situation"

dangerousbrian

posted on 19/3/13 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
hahah BRAKE!! BRAKEE!!! YOUR NOT BRAKING!!!
jamesbond007ltk

posted on 19/3/13 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Is it just me or did he try turning in despite the fact he had clearly not lost the speed??
adithorp

posted on 19/3/13 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jamesbond007ltk
Is it just me or did he try turning in despite the fact he had clearly not lost the speed??

No it's not you.

Any ideas as to what car it is?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Westy1994

posted on 19/3/13 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Geez, that is bad ...

You have to have fairly large balls to be a track instructor, I know many professional drivers will not entertain such a thing to earn a few more bob. Matt Griffin springs to mind, he now refuses to instruct after a fatality in a Ferrari some years ago at Goodwood I think it was.

Is there any reason why cars used for track instruction can't run the dual pedal setup as seen on all roadcar instructors cars? - just for situations like this. I have no clue how he 'thought' he was pressing the brake, and if he did think it was the brakes, why did he not notice that the pedal went to the floor?. I think he needs to do a road driving test before he gets behind the wheel of a track car again....

scootz

posted on 19/3/13 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garyo
Left food braking gone wrong?

That's what I was thinking... he's given it a go and got himself all in a tizzy!

It's Evolution Baby!

beaver34

posted on 19/3/13 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Westy1994
Geez, that is bad ...

You have to have fairly large balls to be a track instructor, I know many professional drivers will not entertain such a thing to earn a few more bob. Matt Griffin springs to mind, he now refuses to instruct after a fatality in a Ferrari some years ago at Goodwood I think it was.

Is there any reason why cars used for track instruction can't run the dual pedal setup as seen on all roadcar instructors cars? - just for situations like this. I have no clue how he 'thought' he was pressing the brake, and if he did think it was the brakes, why did he not notice that the pedal went to the floor?. I think he needs to do a road driving test before he gets behind the wheel of a track car again....

the cars at palmer sport have a brake pedal on the passenger side and auto kill the thorottle if you come outside the track parameters

Westy1994

posted on 19/3/13 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Well that's reassuring ( for the instructor) someone ought to tell who ever runs that school !!
maccmike

posted on 19/3/13 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
hahaha. is it a 911?
Vindi_andy

posted on 25/3/13 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
Im fairly sure this has been posted before if not here then another forum and the comment on there was perhaps he normally drives an auto and does left foot braking regularly and got confused by the third pedal i.e. the clutch.
Ninehigh

posted on 25/3/13 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I have no clue how he 'thought' he was pressing the brake, and if he did think it was the brakes, why did he not notice that the pedal went to the floor?. I think he needs to do a road driving test before he gets behind the wheel of a track car again....

That's actually a good point, not once did he say the brakes aren't working (which would be my immediate reaction if the pedal went to the floor)

puma931

posted on 25/3/13 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Geez, that is bad ...

@ Mercedes world they have duel pedals on their AMGs, and they keep traction control on :-(

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.