Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: mnr vortx in gulf colours
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 25/11/04 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
mnr vortx in gulf colours

anyone see the mnr vortx at exeter, i had never seen a 7 with gulf scheme before. i think its my favourite paint scheme and the paint job looked awesome. will post a pic tonight

liam

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

shortie

posted on 25/11/04 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
I agree 100%, reckon the best 7 colours I've seen. Spoke at length to Marc and really knows his stuff and genuinely very helpful.

Personally I reckon he's going to do well. He was also telling me there will be a few of his cars racing next year so should be ones to watch out for.

Rich.

mookaloid

posted on 25/11/04 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
Lookin' forward to seeing that.....
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 25/11/04 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
didn;t speak to marc spoke to chris(his Dad?)

about the car said they built it in 4 days cus they sold the demo car just before the show!

bmodel
bmodel

[Edited on 25/11/04 by liam.mccaffrey]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

JoelP

posted on 25/11/04 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
when you said gulf i thought you meant khaki! looks good though.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

DarrenW

posted on 26/11/04 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
JoelP,

If it was for Gulf as in Desert it would have to be Pink to be camouflage i think - me thinks this would be a tad camp for a se7en!

DaveFJ

posted on 26/11/04 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
A bit camp ?

Pink tiger R6
Pink tiger R6

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

DarrenW

posted on 26/11/04 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Oh f***. I knew id drop myself in it as soon as i hit the post reply button. I was of course referring to the girly shades as opposed to the manly darker versions (im digging the hole deaper here arent i??!!).

Youve proved me well and truly wrong and i self chastise.

Am i forgiven?

mookaloid

posted on 26/11/04 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
I think that the orange stripe should be wider - just to improve the proportions

indykid

posted on 26/11/04 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
it needs to flare at the front too

tom

DEAN C.

posted on 28/11/04 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
With a GT40 body kit on too!
Sorry , I got carried away !..
I've been thinking of this colour scheme for a while after seeing a caterham in Gulf (oil) racing colours a while back.
DEAN...

Once I've finished a project why do I start another?

bob

posted on 28/11/04 at 12:53 AM Reply With Quote
The MNR doesnt look right though,i'm sure the gulf colours are two orange stripes,or even three in different widths.

Just me being a bit picy i think,i've seen a caterham in pukka gulf strip and it did look good though.

[Edited on 28/11/04 by bob]

marc n

posted on 28/11/04 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
bobs right it isnt correct, unfortunately we ran out of time, the car was actually striped up on the transporter 20 mins before we left, we only had four days to paint and build the car from nothing !!, next week or so it will be correctly finished and ill post some pictures, my original plan of keeping it looks to have gone out the window after saturdays visitors

hey ho will have to build myself another one now even lighter and faster

regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 28/11/04 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
Would it be easier and cheaper to have the fibreglass made in the gulf blue and then have the orange in sticker stripes.

I was thinking of gulf colours at the begining of my build but the cost of the spray job scared me off,my cheapest quote was £800 all in .

But then again i am in london,i wont even scare people with the worst quote i had.

marc n

posted on 28/11/04 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
there is a blue in gelcoat that is pretty near, the main reason we painted it was we used the bodywork seconds we had kicking around, that had been scratched in storage. We have also been making some plus four bodywork from damaged stock that we are taking moulds from just after christmas, which will then go with the plus four chassis we have made for a friend of mine, possibly will go into production of the plus four kit but depends on other developments which are due to be announced soon !!!

£800 doesnt sound too bad for a paint job depending on the quality of the fibreglass and preparation needed

our price for our rt kit in painted finish is plus £500 as we can offset some of the cost with the damaged / scratched panels

regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rizla

posted on 28/11/04 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
i must say marc the gulf colors look superb,what will be the next show color if your having this one(ps dont expect a answer,a suprise is always best)

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.