Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: TOL Mirror Site
Simon Mc

posted on 19/5/02 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
TOL Mirror Site

For those people looking for more info, file downloads take a look at http://www.esbconsult.com.au/ogden/locost/mirror.htm.
stephen_gusterson

posted on 19/5/02 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
For those people looking for more info, file downloads take a look at http://www.esbconsult.com.au/ogden/locost/mirror.htm.

Thats actually a neat idea. You can get all the files without the hassle of joining TOL!

ChrisW

posted on 19/5/02 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
U reckon it's worth mirroring the messages aswell? Some kind of searchable archive maybe?

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stephen_gusterson

posted on 19/5/02 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
U reckon it's worth mirroring the messages aswell? Some kind of searchable archive maybe?

Chris

I think a searchable archive is VERY useful - however I think a lot or people engage their mouth before their brain, so to speak, by asking a question without looking thro the archives. Then, or course, if you do search archives, you have to wade through the stuff you dont like, so of course, you ask a question......so an archive is a good thing, but would people use it?

The ability to share photos and files like TOL does, is a good aspect.

ATB

Steve

Simon Mc

posted on 20/5/02 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
The only reason i joined TOL was to have a look in there files section, i cannot stand the way the rest of it is laid out. the mirror seemed usefull to me
ChrisW

posted on 20/5/02 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
The ability to share photos and files like TOL does, is a good aspect

You can share pictures on here! Files would be good aswell I suppose but there are security risks involved with it (ie it opens a huge hole in my web servers!) If there's something specific you want posted just email it to me and I'll sort it.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.