Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: What car is best
j1400

posted on 7/10/03 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
What car is best

I'm new to the world of Seven's, but have agreed with my dad to do a joint project. I'm am currently building a 1.4 16V vauxhall engine and when it is done I think I could have more fun with it in a small RWD car. My Dad want to build a caterham chassis etc... But the variety of Locust's about there maybe better options open to me/us, any experince of the differents or things to read would be really useful so I can make an informed decision in stead of following a badge.
Regards James

Ben_Copeland

posted on 7/10/03 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
welcome my friend

hope you get the answers you want!

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

JoelP

posted on 7/10/03 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
easy, is it an FWD you're building at the minute?

the main choices with a seven type are what engine, drivetrain, and where the chassis comes from, or if you build it yourself. i would recommend doing it yourself cos its easyish and fun.

so choose a donor with the right layout and engine, massacre it and build a chassis for the bits. if you use several cars as donors you will possibly end up on a q plate.

getting ron champions book is undoubtedly a good start for inspiration.

all the beast! joel

j1400

posted on 8/10/03 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
currently it's the engine is in a nova, but I want to plonk it in to a seven in a year or so when it's full developed. I'm wanting to go with a built chassis then just a bell housing conversion for a RWD box De Dion rear axle set up and very light. But which is the best chassis for handling??
JoelP

posted on 8/10/03 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
i have never driven a finished one but of the companies that do chassis and parts, MK, luego and Stuart Taylor are all usually held in high regard. there are ones to avoid but as i have never driven one or seen the reported poor build quality i wont comment!

check out the websites for these ones as a start, really quite cheap for what you get! Luego just click on the icon at the top, MK and stuart taylor:

http://www.stuart-taylor.co.uk/

http://www.mkengineering.co.uk/

HTH

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.