Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: were we live
steve m

posted on 22/10/03 at 04:35 AM Reply With Quote
were we live

Why is it that almost half of our members on this site have not put were they live

It only needs a town. or at best a county (uk)

reasons

If I had the opotunity to have spoken to anyone when I was building my car (1997-99) I would have finished at leat six months earlier, as it happened about a month before I was on the road, I contacted a couple of guys who lived local two me (hicost = James and John Biddle)
who for the last 4 years we have got on very well, and have been to pretty well all of the shows, the infomation passed between us has furthered my car leaps and bounds

This forum is an excellent way of comunicating, but will allways be second best to actually seeing someones creation, and sharing infomation (sorry Chris,)
I have said before that our cars will never be "finished" and belive me its true!!!
Also The shows, a lot of our members have probabley never been to a show,
well. you have to, most of your questions will be answered without asking a question, and again My fault, i never went to a show, and if I had I could have saved another six months!!!!!!
also it could have saved those days in the garage, that nothing happend due appathy

seeing somone elses car, and on the road, can be the most inspiration that you will ever need (Surrey dave, am i right ??)

there will allways be exceptions eh Bob??

steve

ned

posted on 22/10/03 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
i agree steve, its also handy to know who's near so you can get lifts/share the driving or petrol to and from shows etc.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 22/10/03 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Steve
It would help if you could spell,or have you coloured your syrup so as to make extra cash as a Cilla double.

Where
were

steve m

posted on 22/10/03 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
did u want a lift ???
steve m

posted on 22/10/03 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
and Bob!!

what time did i post ??
0535 in the morning after a 12 hour nightshift and waiting for day shift to arrive
speluing is not goad at the brest of timms

lit aloone afer a 12 houw shivt

cilla black my arse, wot do you think I get up to at weekends

bob

posted on 22/10/03 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
hehe yeah and anyway i never understood why people have secret locations either,but on the other hand there's a guy building a locost not far from me and he never goes online and couldnt much care about anyone else.
Miserable bastard,probably why he's nearly 50 and lives on his own.

Deckman001

posted on 23/10/03 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
Seeing as I first got interested in the racing type of locosting, I would never have got the encouragement to go it alone and do one for the road myself if it hadn't been for the people on this site offering advice and encouragement at the local meets. As said before by others in a better position than myself, looking at finished cars is far more rewarding than seeing em in the back of ron's book ! and builds the incentive as well. I also find it annoying to see posts from people too shy/scared to say where they are from, especially in the 'for sale' section
May be it could be a condition of registering on this site to give a location, I'm not after starting up a secret data base, but a town or city would be a good start
It also give people the opportunity to invite others to the meets , as I know of several people who don't look on the clubs and events section, and one who didn't know it existed ! D'oh They have been enlightened !

ATB
Jason

Surrey Dave

posted on 23/10/03 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Where we live!!!!!!!!!!1

Er , Surrey.....................
JoelP

posted on 23/10/03 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Surrey Dave
Er , Surrey.....................

well would you believe it, i'd assumed you were called surrey and from dava in scotland? funny world i guess...

Peteff

posted on 23/10/03 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Put where you live so people from Yorkshire can laugh at you, I don't think so.

yours, Pete.

I'll get me whippet.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

chrisg

posted on 23/10/03 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, look it's Pete Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, ................etc

You must admit that Derbyshire is funny!

Cheers

Chris, proper Yorkshire Bloke

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

A Badger

posted on 24/10/03 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
I agree Ha Ha Ha..

I live in Sheffield (Yorkshire for those Dahn Sarf) and work in Chesterfield (Derbyshire - see previous). The Chesterfield people never got to Sheffield (Too far away - less than 10 miles) but are forever going to Derby (40 miles). Very stange thing going over the border every morning...

Andrew

Peteff

posted on 24/10/03 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
I live in Clay Cross, five miles south of Chesterfield and about half way between Sheff and Derby yet my postcode is Sheffield. I am about the same distance from Nottingham as well. I can get to Staffs, Notts and Yorks within 25 minutes and Lincoln in 40 minutes and the Peak District is nearby as well. I don't go to Sheffield unless absolutely desperate as it is a pain in the ass to park or drive there. Derby got it right, free parking and park and ride into the centre.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

A Badger

posted on 24/10/03 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Clay Cross,

That the place that you try not to stop in when using the A61....

Sheffield Council is anti-car, no wonder Meadowhell does so well...

Andrew

Simon

posted on 24/10/03 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Yorkshire, Derbyshire. Are these places in England or abroad. They sound like they've come out of a novel like Lord of the Rings - lots of Shires in there

ATB

Simon (South of Watford Gap)

DaveFJ

posted on 24/10/03 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
If they are from The Lord of the Rings I wouldn't mind betting that they are somewhere near Mordor....

The shire ?. ..... sounds a bit like Cornwall really - but without the weird little people - oh yeah and full of bl**dy emits (holiday makers).

chrisg

posted on 24/10/03 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Simon that is absolutely typical for a shandy drinker.

We've got the cheap houses, fresh air, beautiful countryside and you've got......um..........lots of congestion

I've worked in the south - it's pants

No offence, like

Cheers

Chris, looking out over his trout lake, by the orchard.

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

JoelP

posted on 24/10/03 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
and i've just bought a house (hovel) for 24k. Beat that dan sarf! bosche.
Peteff

posted on 24/10/03 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Been to MK this afternoon. 25 minutes it took. What more could you want.
Location, location, location..

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

Deckman001

posted on 24/10/03 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP

I can't get a garage for my locost for that
will probably have to put it in shurguard
It'l be like buying a new exhaust each month

bob

posted on 24/10/03 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
I think i'll sell my house and with the equity buy a whole village in yorkshire,i spotted a hamlet near langold last time i was there.

andyps

posted on 24/10/03 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP

And that probably includes a double garage - on for the Bugatti and one for the Locost

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

A Badger

posted on 24/10/03 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Anybody near Greenhill/Beauchief Sheffield. I've just spotted a half dismattled Cortina in a drive up the road.

Belong to anyone on here?

Andrew

stephen_gusterson

posted on 24/10/03 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
althou i live in the country overlooking fields, im only 400 yds downwind of the weetabix factory

cant beat the country smells

atb

steve

Peteff

posted on 24/10/03 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
Clay Cross,

That the place that you try not to stop in when using the A61....

You're not allowed into Clay Cross. It's far too select for your sort..
Our house was £18k 19 years ago. 4 bedrooms and a garden, 200 yards from the pub. If you stop you'll probably lose your wheels, don't risk it..

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.