Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What would you have done
zilspeed

posted on 23/5/04 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
What would you have done

Came out of Tesco tonight. Walking up to the car - wifes car - some folks chatting in between the cars and one of them was leaning against our car. I tried to be calm and said quite politely 'excuse me' so I got could get into the car. As I opened the door, 'leaning bloke' commented - "watch you don't hit their car " - I couldn't stop myself at this point. I had to say "well you've got a bit of a cheek seeing as you were actually leaning against this one "! The cheeky barsteward then said in the most sarcastic of tones, " oh I'm really sorry if I've damaged your 'wee' car" (wifes Ibiza ) and nodded to his friends as if to say - 'check out this looney'. As I closed the door and drove off my parting comment through boiling blood was, "that was just a complete lack of respect".

It's now 30 minutes later and I'm just calming down. I definitely feel I had to say something but didn't want to lose it, because then I would have went completely out of control and would now be really regretting it.

Was my reaction too little, bearing in mind the 'heat of the moment' factor and that awfull felling you get as the adrenalin starts to pump ?

P.S. I will look out for the b**tard and give him some grief if I get a chance. Or that's what I'm thinking right now - I'll probably calm down later.

Hugh Paterson

posted on 23/5/04 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Whats it called Cumbernauld Far too polite by far, me Im fae Govan he would be walking on the stumps at his kneecaps, and thats if I was in a good mood
Shug.

zilspeed

posted on 23/5/04 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
That's me - Clark Kent for too long. Then when I lose it I go too far and regret it. Maybe I should think a bit less and breenge a bit more.
P.S. Is that how you spell breenge
P.P.S. I'm not even going to attempt to explain the concept to those south of the border

BTW shug, I'm likely to be off work the week after next of you don't mind a visitor at all - for some general blether and yap. I'm likely to be up at Mel Robinson's place anyway getting the carbs looked at.

[Edited on 23/5/04 by zilspeed]

JoelP

posted on 23/5/04 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
well, at least you didnt say nothing! that would've been more annoying. though it would undoubtedly have been very satisfying to run them all over, it would've achieved nothing, got you nicked, and helped spread misery that would likely as not get passed on by them to someone else, creating a downward spiral of hatred and overreaction.

i think a smile and a sarcastic comment are appropriate for many situations!

i saw 4 people fighting in the carpark at tesco the other day, because one lad had jumped the queue (a genuine accident i believe it was), and another lad wouldnt let it drop. this was about 2pm on a sunday afternoon, i just though WTF?! shameful.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

zilspeed

posted on 23/5/04 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
well, at least you didnt say nothing! that would've been more annoying. though it would undoubtedly have been very satisfying to run them all over, it would've achieved nothing, got you nicked.

As the blood pressure is gradually lowering, I'm glad I retained a semblance of dignity. I couldn't honestly imagine explaining away a carpark scrap and the resultant police involvement to the bosses at work. What with me just recently getting a bit of an upgrade at work. And as you said, at least I said something.

Chris_R

posted on 23/5/04 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Could be worse. Same thing happened to me at about 12.00am in Newcastle city centre. There were a few guys hanging round my car (the only one in the car park) and they had their drinks on my roof. I went off on one shouting and balling and they started to leave. When I got in the car the battery was flat and the same guys ended up pushing me til it turned over. Felt a bit crap for being so outwardly aggressive.

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dave1888

posted on 23/5/04 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Anger
Take a few deep breathes
count to ten
then let loose on them
THEN run like buggery

Hugh Paterson

posted on 23/5/04 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
Naaaaa nowt beats a bit of the taz devil, just make sure theres no witnesses and if hes bigger than u........ run faster after u hit him with the 10lb hammer
Shug.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 24/5/04 at 06:38 AM Reply With Quote
Walk away unless you are threatend and your life is in danger mr plod will do you. Then you will be the one in the goverment hotel with playstations and softbeds sky tele full package.
Worse still over your side they have a nasty habit of carrying a blade.

Now in SA the gun would be out an a few holes put in the b*****d. I moved back here cause of such crime. It seems to be big city life that brings out the worst in humans.

Best walk buggers have more rights than us anyway.

nicklondon

posted on 24/5/04 at 06:42 AM Reply With Quote
here in london you have to be so carefull there are so many nutters with knives.just last week a guy was killed after a minor collision,he was chased then set upon by the occupants of the car he had hit.one of those arrested is 69!!!!!!!!!!

posted on 24/5/04 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
You did the right thing!

Sooner or later such guys will run into somebody who's just lost his job or who's wife has betrayed him and than it's... bingo!!!

The only diff is that the guy without a job had a "reason" to loose his temper wich according to the judge will be a very human thing to do.

zilspeed

posted on 24/5/04 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
Did I mention that the a***hole was a middle class man in his 50s driving a 51 plate discovery, not a nova driving shell suit wearer.....

posted on 24/5/04 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
It wouldn't make any diff to the guy who lost his job

Childish behaviour is not neccesarely a monopoly of children!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.