Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Practical Performance Car
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 29/5/04 at 01:08 AM Reply With Quote
Practical Performance Car

Has anyone seen this magazine,

I am fairly new to all this car building and car interest in general but I got the impresion that its direction is to fill the gap left by CCC(car and car conversions)

This magazine PPC, encompasses two of mybiggest interests namely engineering and old cars. Articles include engine transplants,diy rear disc conversions and my favourite, building throttle bodies on a lathe (I have a lathe) that sort of thing,

Issue 2 is out now so its not too late to jump on the band wagon!

This sounds a bit like those spammy advert things but it is not, it is my opinion and quite simply the best magazine i think is available ( I like Classic ford too)

I am in no way connected to the magazine and will not benefit in any way from recommending it

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

Chris_R

posted on 29/5/04 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
got the first issue last month. Think I'm gonna keep it in a plastic sleeve.

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Browser

posted on 4/6/04 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Got issue two, looks pretty good. Read their article on making your own throbble botties but look over complicated and needs good machining/TIG welding skills from what I see. It is probably still easier to hunt the scrappies for some production items and then figure out a linkage. Rest of the mag looks good, speshly that Vauxhall/Lotus hybrid Viva!

LoCostLancs

posted on 4/6/04 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
Got the first two issues, seems okay and an interesting read about a man with an SD1 and a meteor engine! Bizzare!

Tiger? No thanks!

ChrisW

posted on 4/6/04 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
Just been and bought it. 4 page spread on the Viento and a guide for the Cologne v6 - how much more relevant to my build can you get?

Going to email the editor and see if we can get a plug next month!

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.