Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F1 Camera
paulbeyer

posted on 12/7/04 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
F1 Camera

James Miles (AKA Hicost) and I have started a new business venture and have decided to make our official launch a world exclusive on this forum. F1 Camera Ltd are now supplying in-car video systems for all of your motorsport needs. Take a look at f1camera.com and all will be revealed.

Let us know what you think.

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

Ronin

posted on 12/7/04 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Nicely laid out site . Best of luck with the venture. Let us know when you have some video clips on there.
ceebmoj

posted on 12/7/04 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
just a thort but you could make the first page a bit more usfull by also providing links to other parts of the sight not just being a splash page.

good luck

blake

scoobyis2cool

posted on 12/7/04 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Very cool, I'd love one of those for my car when its finished. Have you got any video clips up yet? I clicked on a couple of the circuits but the links aren't "live" (or whatever the technical term is)

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Viper

posted on 13/7/04 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
I was just about to buy a "bullet cam" when i discovered my jvc digicamcorder doesn't have AV in just AV out would you believe the model above and the model below mine both have AV in ( insert expletives of your choice)
Tim

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Noodle

posted on 13/7/04 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
I worked for a while on a system (when I was meant to be doing proper work) that would read data from various sensors and stored the info an a Palm Pilot (not a euphamism for w?nker ), TPS, RPM etc.

This data would then be read back by a PC later and overlay a rev counter on the screen (and throttle position, speed etc) and fart out a new DV AVI with the diagrams (such as a semi-translucent rev counter) overlaid.

The whole AVI could then be appropriately editied.

I got it sort of working using an Active X control in C++. I managed to overlay a rev counter over the top of a kids party (I know; it was all I had available at the time) with some made up data. I went so far as designing a protocol for data storage too.

It's on hold as I've very little time these days. Good idea though, it'd make your videos look like Gran Turismo.

Cheers,

Neil.

Your sort make me sick

paulbeyer

posted on 13/7/04 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the encouraging words guys. We will have some video footage next week as soon as we get back from the Brands Hatch track day. James will have a system installed on his car with multiple cameras facing front and rear. Jasper has agreed to have a system installed on his car on the day as well so with both of them chasing each other we should end up with some interesting video.

We have spent a lot of time getting the web site up together and went live at 11:00pm last night, I'm sure there will be a few mistakes we have missed but as it is a work in progress it should continue to improve.

Blake, I know what you mean about the splash page but what we have tried to do is put together is a simple but affective attention grabber as a precursor to the main site itself. We'll see how it goes for now and what other feed back we get and maybe look at it again.

Tim, annoying isn't it? I bought a panasonic DV camcorder a while ago and just assumed the AV port was a 2-way jobbie, but no and this was an expensive camcorder. Apparently camcorders with 2-way av ports are quite rare in this country because of the way they are hit for tax and import duty. Apparently camcorders with AV in are classed the same as VCR's and therefore liable to more tax. This could be a lot of hot air as I read it on the web somewhere but you don't seem to see as many camcorders for sale in the UK with AV in as you do in the US and far east.

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

chris.russell

posted on 13/7/04 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
I bought one of those bullet camera last year, great little cameras, both small and gives a great quality. unfortionally I have to use my works camcorder to record onto as mine does not have an AV-in.

Good luck with you new business gents

Mines a pint

ned

posted on 13/7/04 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Paul, James,

The website looks good, wish you all the best with the new venture..

I have one related question:
Using one of the bullet camera's would it be possible to connect it directly to a camcorder (assuming it had av in) or do you have to connect it to one of the hard drive recording units? Is this just to eliminate moving parts and save space in a racing car type environment?

I once tried to hold a camcorder as we went round goodwood. The cornering forces and speed just made it impossible in the car I was in..

Ned.

[Edited on 13/7/04 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

loafersmate

posted on 13/7/04 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Paul,

I have a panasonic cam and it say's the port is AV in only, but if you dig about a bit on tinternet you can get a software upgrade/hack to make the port in and out, haven't got round to it myself yet but I know it's possible

Ben

paulbeyer

posted on 13/7/04 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris.russell
Good luck with you new business gents

Thanks Chris.

paulbeyer

posted on 13/7/04 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loafersmate
Paul,

I have a panasonic cam and it say's the port is AV in only, but if you dig about a bit on tinternet you can get a software upgrade/hack to make the port in and out, haven't got round to it myself yet but I know it's possible

Ben

Ben you have U2U

paulbeyer

posted on 13/7/04 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Ned,

You can plug a bullet cam into your camcorder as long as it has AV in. This will allow you to record a single camera view point as you drive. You can get a LANC controller to remotely start and stop recording if you find operating the small camcorder buttons whilst blatting around a race circuit a bit tricky. You can also add more bullet cameras if you include a switching device. Depending on the specification you can either switch manually between cameras, program the unit to switch automatically at certain time intervals or set up the unit to record picture in picture. The Digipro recording devices have very few if any moving parts and can record many more hours of video than a camcorder. They are simple to download to a PC via USB for post processing and editing. They are so simple to use it's like having a black box recorder in your car as you can set it to record from the moment you switch on the ignition without any other intervention. So yes you're right Ned it does eliminate space and moving parts in a race car but it is a lot more besides.
If you're coming to Brands Hatch next week you'll get the opportunity to see first hand what is involved.

paulbeyer

posted on 13/7/04 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Noodle you have U2U

bob

posted on 13/7/04 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
Paul/james

All the best lads,i think this is a winner.

paulbeyer

posted on 13/7/04 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you Mr Bob

I love speed :-P

posted on 13/7/04 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
just while we are talkin about cams, ours only has DV in and out, no av, can these buttet cams, be fittered

Thanks Philip

p.s. sry if it dont make sence, i am a sleep

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

Jasper

posted on 13/7/04 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
The only shots James is gonna get of my car at Brands is the back
scutter

posted on 13/7/04 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck Gents, sure to be a winner.

Jasper you wishing again

All the best Dan.

Noodle

posted on 13/7/04 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulbeyer
Noodle you have U2U

Paul,

You have email

Neil.

Your sort make me sick

scutter

posted on 13/7/04 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote

Peteff

posted on 14/7/04 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
so I will be taking it very very easy for at least 100yds

Best not to go hotfooting it from the start eh!. Get some video footage up for us soon, get them edited and release them on dvd. A whole series with different circuits would be good.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

paulbeyer

posted on 14/7/04 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Pete we hope to have some footage of Brands Hatch on the web shortly after our jaunt on Tuesday. We'll keep you posted.

jollygreengiant

posted on 15/7/04 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Paul you have mail.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

paulbeyer

posted on 15/7/04 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
I have U2U'd you (that's not easy to say)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.