Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WOW.....cheap
Tim 45

posted on 19/7/04 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
WOW.....cheap

I TUNES
cheap legal music from the good people of apple.....only 79p a track.....thats cheaper than my coke music (unless you win from the bottles)!!
I think its a new scheme to try and stop illegal downloads
and NO VIRUSES

Chris_R

posted on 19/7/04 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, good idea, but eMule is still 79p less than that.

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 19/7/04 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
They are still ripping the U.K. off. It's .99euro to buy them on continent which is 65 pence. They never quite get it right do they.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Tim 45

posted on 19/7/04 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
CHRIS_R
yeah but is emule legal?

no never get the price right

Chris_R

posted on 19/7/04 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Technically yes, but most of the traffic's not.

A bit of slapstick never hurt anyone.

http://www.chris.renney.dsl.pipex.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gjn200

posted on 19/7/04 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Is this itunes etc mp3? If so what a con paying for crap quality.

<- Me!

Tim 45

posted on 19/7/04 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Not so gjn200 coz itunes is in fact lostless therefore you get CD quality music at a smaller price than a CD
Viper

posted on 19/7/04 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Graham
wtf is your avatar all about?????????

tom_loughlin

posted on 19/7/04 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
i dont think there will ever be an end to illegal downloading of music.
personally, i think it is a good thing for a few reasons:
it gets unsigned and unheard of bands much needed publicity, anf gives them a chance to get their records heard
if i like a song by a particular band, i will download a few more tracks of theirs, and if i like them, ill go out and buy the album to support the band. otherwise, it saves £10 if you go buy an album cuz you like one song, and the rest of the album turns out to be crap.

millenniumtree

posted on 19/7/04 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
I agree. It will never stop.

But besides that, there are many ways to get music legally, I think 10 bucks a month will get you UNLIMITED downloads of entire albums from eMusic.com, There is also, of course, iTunes.

There are plenty of free alternatives as well, and as long as there are, trading music will never stop. Personally, I like to check out the free MP3 sites (the legally free MP3s) because you get lots of new music that no one really knows about yet. It's stuff that's not on the radio every 5 minutes.

A lot of the music that I download (illegally), is stuff you pretty much can't get in the states (JPop, Asian techno, etc.) Or by artists that died decades ago. Should I feel guilty for downloading music by the Inkspots?

I mainly download music because I'm poor. I can barely pay my phone and electricity bill every month, but I LOVE music. Should I go without, or get my fix any way I can? My decision is a pretty obvious one to me.
I have bought my fare share of CDs as well, but right now, buying food and paying the rent is more important than paying for CDs that I'll realistically only listen to 2 tracks on anyway.

That's the way I see things anyway, feel free to disagree.

Staple balls

posted on 19/7/04 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
i use www.allofmp3.com

totally legal, dead cheap

phelpsa

posted on 20/7/04 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
I use altavista mp3 search. Completely free and legal.

Adam

mackie

posted on 20/7/04 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa
I use altavista mp3 search. Completely free and legal.

Adam

I very much doubt it's legal unless the site you are downloading the tracks from has the rights to let you do so and I doubt any do.

mackie

posted on 20/7/04 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tim 45
Not so gjn200 coz itunes is in fact lostless therefore you get CD quality music at a smaller price than a CD

Untrue, it uses AAC, but it is better than MP3. There are some lossless codecs available but the best they usually manage is about 50% compression.
MP3 can be excellent if encoded correctly (I use LAME with max quality settings at 192kbps vbr and it's very hard to tell the difference on my decent hifi (comparing original ripped wav to encoded mp3 played through an terratec aureon space soundcard).
I think MP3's days are numbered. I think from now on I shall use OGG for stuff I encode myself, being royalty free and open and all that nice stuff (oh, and better than MP3 )

Tim 45

posted on 20/7/04 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Mackie....i have been misinformed then, i was under the impression that apple have a new lossless downloading....
I quote
"and now iTunes can give you that quality with the new Apple Lossless encoder. You’ll get the full quality of uncompressed CD audio using about half the storage space. You can copy music in this format onto your iPod or iPod mini, to take perfect audio wherever you go."

This was taken from the section WEAPON OF CHOICE from HERE

mackie

posted on 20/7/04 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tim 45
Mackie....i have been misinformed then, i was under the impression that apple have a new lossless downloading....
I quote
"and now iTunes can give you that quality with the new Apple Lossless encoder. You’ll get the full quality of uncompressed CD audio using about half the storage space. You can copy music in this format onto your iPod or iPod mini, to take perfect audio wherever you go."

This was taken from the section WEAPON OF CHOICE from HERE

Ah, in that case I'm wrong, didn't know about that. Still it's a trade off isn't it, size v quality, complete losslessness is probably overkill but it's nice to have the option.

ceebmoj

posted on 20/7/04 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
personaly I like OGG free and great results playing them through my h-120 I get lots of musik and a quality that you can not tell the difrence from a cd or other source recording when out and about for a nice encoding tool check out audio graber also free.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.