Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Scum bag wins lotto
stephen_gusterson

posted on 12/8/04 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
nothing personal Cita.

I just dont understand what you are saying.

what are you saying? .... clearly.

In say 20 words.

Mine are :

If the rules allow it, and hes served his time, whats the problem. A$$holes do sometimes get the breaks.

atb

steve

quote:
Originally posted by Cita
I dont want this to turn into a personal debate Steve.
You made your view clear and i respect that opinion.

[Edited on 12/8/04 by stephen_gusterson]

posted on 12/8/04 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
if the rules allow it than the rules are wrong and there's no need to defend such rules for this criminal Steve.

(sorry 22 words)

stephen_gusterson

posted on 12/8/04 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
ok

which rule?

the one that lets him win

or the one that says a repeat rapist can get out?

atb

steve

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 12/8/04 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
with respect to "lottery scum", legislating against groups of society being able to enter lotteries and such is a minefield because it has to be decided where to draw the line. its such a minefield that i would be very surprised to see the current laws changed much.

i does feel wrong that someone could win £7 mil whilst at her madges pleasure. but do you prevent people with criminal records from playing or just people with custodial sentences????????? it goes on, there is no simple answer

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

posted on 12/8/04 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
The rule that allows him to buy a lotery ticket will still doing time.

I'm gonna go to bed now Steve it's almost 1 o clock overhere

Perhaps till tommorow

stephen_gusterson

posted on 12/8/04 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
sweet dreams.

I thought that would be your answer.

And I agree with you. Perhaps a convict in release phase shouldnt be allowed to gamble. but they are.

But dont you think the more important issue is repeat rapists loose on the streets?

rapist wins lottery

or

rapist strikes third time.

which is the worst headline?

atb

steve

quote:
The rule that allows him to buy a lotery ticket will still doing time.

I'm gonna go to bed now Steve it's almost 1 o clock overhere

Perhaps till tommorow

stephen_gusterson

posted on 12/8/04 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3557372.stm

an extract.....

Writing in Thursday's Sun newspaper, the Home Secretary David Blunkett said: "We can't stop a prisoner or their family from buying a ticket, but we can look closely at making sure they don't benefit from a single penny while in prison.

ahh. right. nice thinking. So, there's no driving his ferrari around the excercise yard then, or spending 7 mill on ciggies or summat. Exactly how is he gonna spend it in prison!

atb

steve

ps

the giveaway....

Home Office minister Hazel Blears denied Mr Blunkett's proposal for a new law was a knee-jerk reaction or that he was trying to be populist.

pps

Hoare, 52, and originally from Leeds, is serving life after being convicted of attempted rape in 1989. He was also jailed several times for a string of sex attacks, including rape, during the 1970s and 1980s.

and we worry about the lottery win.....

I love speed :-P

posted on 12/8/04 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
they should of locked him, up, and chucked a way the key, in the 1st place, a rapist, should b locked up 4 life, full stop

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 12/8/04 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
if they let him out he should be tagged permanantly as well as chemical castration

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

posted on 13/8/04 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
The worst headline would be:

"Rapist rapes 15 year old child after being released from jail.
He fled the country to Argentina where he's living the life of a free wealthy man."
(do you think there is a job available at the sunday times for me Steve?)

It's wrong that he who gave so many people a life sentence (not only the victim's but their family as well) can benefit of everyday's joys of life like participating in a lotery and have the chance to be financialy secure for the rest of his life.

ChrisJLW

posted on 13/8/04 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't be suprised if he's sued for compensation as soon as he set's foot outside prison! With any luck he won't see much of his winnings!

Bitter? Moi?

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and ev'ry highway.
But more, much more than this,
I did it side-ah-ways.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 13/8/04 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
cita - you dont seem to understand the basics

once he's out of prison, its all over, he owes nothing to society.

he can win the lottery, get a free house from his rich granny, or become a successful business man.

and still have lots of money.

he could go with 'average' money to somewhere like thailand and shag little kids with far less then 7m i suspect.

you are confusing continual retribution with 'justice' and 'fairness' with 'real life'.

LIFE ISNT FAIR.

And yes, a good headline

atb

steve

quote:
The worst headline would be:

"Rapist rapes 15 year old child after being released from jail.
He fled the country to Argentina where he's living the life of a free wealthy man."
(do you think there is a job available at the sunday times for me Steve?)

It's wrong that he who gave so many people a life sentence (not only the victim's but their family as well) can benefit of everyday's joys of life like participating in a lotery and have the chance to be financialy secure for the rest of his life.

posted on 13/8/04 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
I am probably very daft Steve.
JoelP

posted on 13/8/04 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
i might point out that our prison system is woefully inadequate. It is a largely useless institution. If someone is considered an untreatable menace to society, they should be killed. if there is a chance or rehabilitation, they should be helped. Prison, to me, isnt about paying a debt to society. Many fools end up in prison and become true delinquants, with a life of crime ahead. it is, IMHO, a sorry state of affairs.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 13/8/04 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I am probably very daft Steve.

join the club

dave1888

posted on 14/8/04 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
It's against the law for a prisoner to buy a pools coupon whether he/she is inside or on day release. The law does not cover the lotto. He should never have been allowed to buy, but know he has won the money the only way to get it of him is if the people/family of his victims sue for damages.

jollygreengiant

posted on 15/8/04 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Ok now its time for my six pence worth.

The system stinks. The lottery system in this country is run purley for the bennefit of the rich elite that are running it. Witness, when the licence was up for renewal, the government ignored all the shortcommings that had been brought to light about its current opperators and renewed their licence to print money for themselves, eventhough there was a better system being proffered by another which would have kept less profit, increased the ammount of prizes and given more to TRUELY deserving causes.

The law & punishment is ridiculous, a prisoner is given a LIFE sentence, he is elligible for release after 12/14 years. WHY, Life should mean exactly that LIFE. If you don't like the punisment then DON'T DO THE CRIME.

Now to absurdities, every tax payer has contributed to keeping these toerags in prison, in a life of ease and relative comfort, no tax to pay, no council tax to pay, no utilities to pay, no heating to pay for, no food to pay for, INSTANT medical care no matter what time of the day, no problem finding a DENTIST, and absolutely no charge for dentistry, 3 square meals, good exercise regimes, tv, video, games, no charge for adult education programmes, heck even a degree if you want (at no charge). then you get to go out close to release and you are GIVEN some spending money, I wonder where that money came from.

Yes a minefield of sh*t. Camelot caused all this when they accepted his pound. just like they accept everyone elses. The part that I find hard to swallow is that he , like the young lout who won 16m (whilst wearing a tag for vehicle crimes) is that they both won it with state handouts ie OUR MONEY. Money to help them with the basics in life NOT for gambling.

We the general public are being ripped off left, right & centre by those in power who are busy lining their own pockets against the storm that will no doubt be coming. So there you go I've had my say. Steve, or anyone else if you want to pick the bones out of it feel free this is a FREE society and to put it bluntly I really couldn't give a sh%t any more. Besides the thought police will be around to arrest me on Thursday.

ENJOY

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 15/8/04 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
actually Jolly, there isnt too much Id disagree with, apart for the 'come the revolution' bit.

people are just too daft to get off their asses. we are after all the nation that elected maggie and her crew 4 times, and will put nanny blair back a third time.

The other thing is that even with all the frebies you state, the total lack of freedom (or even lack of females!) for that time doesnt make up for a bean of it.

would you take that deal for 12 years as long as you were celebate

atb

steve

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.