Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Prejudice
Alan B

posted on 30/6/03 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Back to SUV bashing.....

Over here (you may have it too) we have TV ad for a Volvo SUV...really annoys me going on about their roll stability system or whatever...does stuff that allows you to change lanes at 90 without flipping the POS.......

What is wrong the basic physics?....

Lower the f*****g centre of gravity you idiots.....why do you need 12" of ground clearance for the school run?

Why not design vehicles that are inherently stable and safe rather than build in autopilots and nanny features????

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
timf

posted on 30/6/03 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
Over here (you may have it too) we have TV ad for a Volvo SUV...really annoys me going on about their roll stability system or whatever...does stuff that allows you to change lanes at 90 without flipping the POS.......

What is wrong the basic physics?....

Lower the f*****g centre of gravity you idiots.....

merc A class mean anything over in the states. or was it only in europe the went tits up at a lane change over 30mph

not that volvo would take the p out of merc at all.

ps i have a jeep 4x4 but i use it for a tow car and use it off road so may i be excluded from the blanket 4x4 bashing. Ta

Alan B

posted on 30/6/03 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Hey Tim,

I have no problem with proper use of SUVs...off-road, towing etc....I have one myself for towing trailers......

Unnecessary use, and driving them like a track car is my gripe...

"A" class...yes I am familiar though they aren't available here...I follow auto news both sides of the pond..

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
timf

posted on 30/6/03 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
probably just a well given the nature of the us legal system added to that they are crap

ok i've decied my prejudice is 'a' class mercs because they are to small to use properly, i mean have you seen the size of the boot.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 30/6/03 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
what is it with americans and pick up trucks?

Like - what are you gonna put in it that needs a flatbed for a daily driver?

A dead deer?

Your best girl, for a shag, after a romantic evening for 2 at mcdonalds?

Yourself, for sleeping purposes, when wife has caught you with best girl, in mcdonalds.

Your locost, taking it to SVA.

atb

steve

bob

posted on 30/6/03 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Ah !! just thought of another car thats getting on my nerves CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG .The idiots at the DVLA have used this car in recent TV and radio adverts to dtop people cheating the road fund licence,problem is CHITTY is TAX EXEMPT

kingr

posted on 30/6/03 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson
Your locost, taking it to SVA.

Well, it beats putting it in a van (see other post). Of course over here having a pickup is even more dubious, given that the only reason people buy them is as a tax dodge, because the've got a load area and therefore have reduced tax. Worse than an SUV in a way.

Kingr

Alan B

posted on 30/6/03 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

It beats me Steve..

Especially when 90% of them carry absolutely f**k all 99% of the time....

I used to think it was because they were cheaper....but not so...some are quite expensive....

The best selling vehicle in the US (including cars, trucks, SUVs) is the Ford F150 pick up........which is definitely no bargain.....

timf

posted on 30/6/03 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

something to do with pickup truck coming fitted with gun racks .

i saw the most ott pickup in texas when i was over there a couple of years ago
complete with browning machine gun mounted on the pickup truck bed. obviously used for home defense...

Simon

posted on 30/6/03 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
What's this nonsense about german engineering. It ALL HYPE.

(Notso) Smart car fell over during moose test!
A Class fell over during moose test
(incidentally both cars had same designer)!
Audi TT fell over at speed resulting in retro fit rear spoiler and suspension mods

And a merc went pop during yesterday's Grand Pricks

Alan B

I think if you need to have 12" of ground clearance or you'd end up beached, if you ran over a disproportionately wide person:-)

I hate the bloke that overtook me yesterday (driving a Fiat turbo thing ugly as poo like his girlfriend) in a 30 then got 50 yds in front and stuck behind a queue of traffic. HAHAHAHAHA. Tssr!

Concur with new Mini. Twice the size of the proper car, with less rear leg room. That's German thinking.

Good cars are only made in one country. This one!!

Apart from RR, which is a german kit car

That should riffle a few feathers:-)

ATB

Simon

PS Wife's car is French, and I am NEVER EVER having another foreign car again. P of S!

stephen_gusterson

posted on 30/6/03 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
F150

not as tuff as they look

http://www.deercreekauto.com/02%20ford%20001.jpg

sport4x4 indeed!

atb

steve

chrisg

posted on 30/6/03 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Some good ones there gents, I'm with David J and kingr re the citroen C3/micra, if they were women you'd have to say they had a "nice personality".

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Noodle

posted on 30/6/03 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
citroen C3/micra, if they were women you'd have to say they had a "nice personality

If they were women, they might have the saving grace to be really dirty. These cars have 1 lb/ft of torque between them so you know they're not!

Findlay234

posted on 1/7/03 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
F150

not as tuff as they look

He probably had an oil tanker run into him and only sustained that minimal damage....................... or his wife bent it round a tree?????

kingr

posted on 1/7/03 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
Weird thing about that photo is that there doesn't seem to be any body work crumples, it just seems to have fallen apart in the middle. Maybe they drove it down some stairs or something.

Hmmm, thinking about it that could be a "dangerous new trend" - urban off road, you could have a competition to see who can drive their car to the most inaccesible place, double points if you don't need a helicopter to get it back out.

Think it'll catch on?

Kingr

Peteff

posted on 1/7/03 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
Shorten the chassis to the end of the cab and dump the pickup bed it would be a normal looking vehicle, bit like a Shogun or something, might drive better as well.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

kiwirex

posted on 2/7/03 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
> which cars do you hate and why?

New beetle and the new mini

Why ?

'cos they're both flaming rip-offs of a brilliant original piece of genius without the flair or character of the original.

Particularly the new beetle - Front Wheel Drive!!! slackers.

Look at how long the originals ran (apparently the beetle factory in Mexico is closing down shortly +/- months).

Wonder how long the 'new' ones will be in production for.

- Greg H

gjn200

posted on 3/7/03 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
There's a new mini near me with a union jack on the roof, wtf? oh and one with GT stripes.

<- Me!

Jon Ison

posted on 3/7/03 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
does it tow a caravan ??? doh !!!!!!!!!!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.