Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Speed Camera Vandalism
James

posted on 29/10/03 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Speed Camera Vandalism

Clearly I'm posting this so we can all shake our heads in sadness at the disgusting waste of tax payers money...

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm

James

rell

posted on 29/10/03 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
thats what we like to see lol
MK9R

posted on 29/10/03 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark H

posted on 29/10/03 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
There was an article on Radio 4 yesterday about the Avon & Somerset speed camera partnership.

The police in that area has fallen out with the partnership becasue even they disagree with the blanket charging, and see the vandalism as a natural occurance. One guy recently down there drove by a camera van three times and pelted it with eggs! Good on him, although they think they have his reg number. Hope it was false for his sake!!

The guy in charge of the partnership (apart from being a complete twat) said that 150,000 tickets is their aim this year come what may!

150,000 x say £30 = £4.5 mill a year. In just one corner of Britain!

He also said "the cameras are in areas of known accident OR SPEEDING blackspots".

Does this prove the mutha fuckas are targetting non accident blackspots? Surely not. Put them in front of schools or where people have genuinely died of course...

I am moving to the point of view that this rebellion is both natural in a police state and is in fact the right thing to do.

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

JoelP

posted on 29/10/03 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
its good they point out that some are useful, like the one on the level crossing. i personally would just spray paint them so people still slow down but cant get nicked. There arent any in my area that need removing unfortunately as they are mostly in sensible places.

anyone know scotthall road where it passes chapeltown? its on a dual carrigeway, down a hill with a big hedge on the central reservation. without the camera people would be doing up to 100 down that hill, and it would be nearly impossible to turn right cos you cant see thru the hedge.

but yeah, on country roads BURN EM!!!

timf

posted on 29/10/03 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
but yeah, on country roads BURN EM!!!

or use proper 4x4 to pull them down
arrently i'm told be best place for the rope is where the arm attachs.
Not that I would know of course

Mk-Ninja

posted on 29/10/03 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
I wonder if you can call up to get them destroyed like you can to get your wheel clamps removed.

I'm sure I've got one, just don't know where I've put it

David Jenkins

posted on 29/10/03 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Method of choice in my area is to hook an old tyre over the camera, fill with petrol and ignite.

Very messy result...

David

Surrey Dave

posted on 29/10/03 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Shock , Horror!!!!!!

This would be terrible if all this destruction where to escalate, it would be like 'power to the people', in time it just wouldn't be worth putting the cameras up...................
timf

posted on 29/10/03 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
didn't they say that the cameras that were being done time after time were going to be monitored by cctv so instead of one camera 2 would be done in.
ned

posted on 29/10/03 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, thats a sensible use of taxpayers money, or was that camera generated revenue?

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 29/10/03 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Heard on Radio 4/Times Driving Supplement that a standard one is £40K and a digital £60K!!!

I wonder if they insure them!

theconrodkid

posted on 29/10/03 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
big ruck going on round my about bus lane cameras stopping you turning into a school car park,nob from transport(traffic jams)for london didnt turn up to a meeting demanded by the abused drivers,all hell broke out

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

chrisg

posted on 29/10/03 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
When the majority of people in this country wake up to what's really going on in their name, they're going to need cameras to watch the cameras, watching the cameras.....ad infinitum.

Speed cameras are being used as a stealth tax, remember what happened with the poll tax?

The only people alowed to have guns in this country are the farmers, come on the NFU, how about increasing the popularity of your members?

Some target- practice is just what they need to improve their aim in dealing with "varmints"

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Peteff

posted on 30/10/03 at 12:32 AM Reply With Quote
I wonder if they insure them!

They don't need to you've already paid for them out of your taxes many times over. If everyone stuck to the limit for a few months they might think twice about installing them when the revenue dried up. As for the destruction of the cameras, the arson method carries a severe penalty if you get caught as would shooting them, discharging a weapon in a public place. Even a farmer wouldn't get away with that one.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

chrisg

posted on 30/10/03 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry Uncle Pete

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

theconrodkid

posted on 30/10/03 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
M4 between j12-15 has cameras that check yr no plate and calculate your average speed along that strech,sneeky huh!

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

paulf

posted on 30/10/03 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
[Some one did a really good job of one in Northants by blowing it up. I couldnt work out how but eventally found that they had inserted a long length of detonating cord through a hole in the casing and then detonated it. The casing was completely blown apart and the camera was left dangling on a wire. It is just down the road from one shown on that site that had been beheaded with a disk cutter.
Paul.
As for the destruction of the cameras, the arson method carries a severe penalty if you get caught as would shooting them, discharging a weapon in a public place. Even a farmer wouldn't get away with that one.

yours, Pete.

Metal Hippy

posted on 30/10/03 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
M4 between j12-15 has cameras that check yr no plate and calculate your average speed along that strech,sneeky huh!

There's a stretch like that on the M42 now aswell.

Bastards.

Cock off or cock on. You choose.

theconrodkid

posted on 30/10/03 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like war

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.