Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Theiving tw@ts!!!!!!!!
Peteff

posted on 31/3/04 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
What are these plug things?? Got a web link to one of them

I haven't looked on the web for them. They are in B&Q or Wickes type stores. The outside light is just an ordinary 500w light and the bell thing plugs into your socket in the house. The chime operates when the light sensor is activated. It works in daylight when the light doesn't come on.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

theconrodkid

posted on 31/3/04 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
found a burnt out bike near me with 2 hairy monsters looking depressed,i sugested they look at a house that backs onto the field for the culprit,few days later an ambulance was seen taking his remains away

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Noodle

posted on 31/3/04 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
I've put an old PC (Pentium II 333) in my garage roof connected to a dirt-cheap USB webcam mounted in a home made box. This lives under the garage eaves. It runs Mandrake Linux (free) and a nifty program called Motion (free)

When they detect motion on the drive, it records a little movie (see attached file for an example). I can access this from my house PC. It also includes a mini HTTP server so when I get round to it I'll be able to check out the view over the Internet, although I haven't done that yet because I fear paranoia setting in!

At the moment I'm making another mounting box for a further webcam (I think motion can handle 8) that'll point to the blind spot.

Not only has the whole think cost me £0 so far (far and away my favourite price) but it's been fun to make the camera housing etc. The pair of webcams cost me about £28 a couple of years ago and are the cheapest thing that it was possible to buy at the time.

Next time something unpleasant happens, hopefully I'll have the Muddy-Funsters on video that I can email to the busies.

http://motion.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,

Neil.

Your sort make me sick

stephen_gusterson

posted on 31/3/04 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
it doesnt work..... those two midgets just stole your handbag!

atb

steve

scotlad
Contributor

Posts 781
Registered 30/9/03
Location Edinburgh

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built MK Indy Blade, RH 2b Zetec, rebuilding locos

posted on 31/3/04 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
hang the bas***ds!
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.