Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bovec, Slovenia
greggors84

posted on 6/8/09 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Bovec, Slovenia

Anyone been?

Organising a ski trip for January and the choice is between Bovec in Slovenia or Les Arc in France.

Bovec is about £100 cheaper but im worried about the lack of runs there. The only piste maps I can find show 5 lifts, but apparently they have just linked it to an italian resort which gives 100km of runs. Just depends how easy it is to get to.

Also night life is fairly important.

Slovenia has never crossed my mind before, not sure wether to go for the safe option of France or try somewhere new.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

adithorp

posted on 6/8/09 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know it but I went to Bulgaria a couple of years ago. Soon got bored of the lack of runs. I'd go for France.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Minicooper

posted on 6/8/09 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
France, the pistes and options are massive. Not that sure about French though! God love them.

David!!

tegwin

posted on 6/8/09 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Minicooper
France, the pistes and options are massive. Not that sure about French though! God love them.

David!!

Best of both worlds... Go to Switzerland!!!

The Gryon ski area is fantastic!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Worzey

posted on 7/8/09 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
Slovenia is lovely to visit - its a beautiful country.

I think Maribor is the larger Ski resort and held the Ski World Cup a few years back.

I've not been skiing in Solvenia but hear it is very popular.

Caterham R400

maartenromijn

posted on 7/8/09 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
If skiing and nightlife is everything you want, go to France, it's perfect for that. I have been to Val Thorens a couple of times, unlimited runs (3 valleys) and plenty of nightlife.

BLOG: http://thunderroad-super7.blogspot.com/

Cheffy

posted on 7/8/09 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris,

Long time no see and all that.

Anyway, Anita and I just got back from Slovenia on Tuesday - we were over there visiting friends.

Having said that I don't know whether my comments will be of any use. I have briefly visited some of the ski resorts in Slovenia but it was out of season. I don't know much about skiing but to be honest I just get the impression France would have been the better option in terms of having a bigger choice of ski runs. Slovenia is a tiny country with a population of only about 2 million. Also, I suspect the night life would be more what you're looking for in France.

Having said all that, what I can say is that Slovenia is a stunningly beautiful country which in my opinion would give Switzerland a run for a money any day in terms of scenery and landscape. If you do find yourself there at any point you really should try to check out Bled Lake and Castle.

Bled Castle
Bled Castle

Bled Linky

Dunno if that helps any

Cheers,

MArtin.

Farts are like Rock'n'Roll. You love your own but you hate everybody else's. Lemmy, Motorhead.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.