Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: who's speeding offence?
trikerneil

posted on 20/11/09 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
who's speeding offence?

I know there are a few Bikers on here.

You can now be held responsible for the speed of the rider behind you now according to THIS JUDGEMENT

How long before other groups on a runout get caught up in this mess?

Neil

ACE Cafe - Just say No.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
oldtimer

posted on 20/11/09 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, that really is a big catch-all. I wonder if it will be extended to cars?
mrwibble

posted on 20/11/09 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
lol at the swinging cop. dickheads..
designer

posted on 20/11/09 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Vultures.

More money for the public purse pension scheme.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 20/11/09 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Law and Justice are mutually exclusive of late

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

owelly

posted on 20/11/09 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
I'm bemused. Could I get done for shoplifting if the bloke behind me nicks something? Or be in court for murder if some bloke up the road kills someone? Or get a speeding ticket if someone is about to overtake me at 90mph..even though I'm under the limit?

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

coozer

posted on 20/11/09 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
Years ago there was a bunch of us hooning along the A1.. blue lights and sirens catch our attention and the only one who got done was the one who stopped

The rest of us kept it on and he who still gets the p1ss taken now was done for 155mph, averaged over 100 yards at 110.. oh, how we laughed then and are still laughing now

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Dusty

posted on 21/11/09 at 12:29 AM Reply With Quote
How do they prove you are leader of the group? And what if you are riding on your own, doing 68 and someone you don't even know cruises up behind at 80 to pass, gets pulled and prosecuted. Do you get done too. How do you prove you were not his leader? After all most of the riders pulled round any town probably live in it and may even vaguely know each other enough to give a wave even if they are not close friends.
What if you're riding along at 70 and you see a bike chasing and catching you? Are you required to take some action to slow him down below the speed limit as this judgment says you have some responsibility for the crimes committed by those following you (even without your consent?) and if so, What?
I'm sick of the UK courts.

[Edited on 21/11/09 by Dusty]

mistergrumpy

posted on 21/11/09 at 12:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

the only one who got done was the one who stopped

Cool. Contrary to S.163 RTA and you've just admitted it to the whole world. Winner

LBMEFM

posted on 21/11/09 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
More ways of extracting money
andyharding

posted on 21/11/09 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
quote:

the only one who got done was the one who stopped

Cool. Contrary to S.163 RTA and you've just admitted it to the whole world. Winner

I don't see any admission anywhere. "Hooning" is not a legal term that admits breaking a law.

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

JoelP

posted on 21/11/09 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
just deny being the lead rider, and say you were trying to keep up with bob who just f****d off at 155!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

02GF74

posted on 21/11/09 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
maan, that is so bad ... but easy pickings rather than targetting the real crims such as stabbers, kiddie fiddlers, granny robbers etc...

40inches

posted on 21/11/09 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
f***K ME!!! This will engender respect for the law won't it Does this only apply to bikes? if not, watch your back on the next PH run out
So if you are in a group of 5 and the last in group gets held up at a junction and speeds whilst catching the rest up (who are all within the limit) the lead driver/rider also gets prosecuted??????? WHAT B*LLOCKS

r1_pete

posted on 21/11/09 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone want to buy a mint 2001 R1 with 19K on the clock? Regularly seen at the front of rideout.......

R1-2
R1-2

[Edited on 21/11/09 by r1_pete]

A1

posted on 21/11/09 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
scum... im sick of the bloody coppers only working to make money for the government.
see if they spent this much time patroling the streets...

Ninehigh

posted on 22/11/09 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
"Sorry officer I've already had twelve points for speeding in my life, I'm daft but I'm not stupid I was doing spot on (insert speed limit)"

The most I've admitted to is doing "the width of the needle" above 30, and tbh that's generally it, even at 6am on a sunday morning!

Sorry pal unless you catch me speeding you can't do me for speeding. Also who says the leader's at the front?

:{THC}:YosamiteSam

posted on 22/11/09 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
thats fecking ridiculous!!!!! - how can you be done for speeding when they didnt catch you speeding? - what if your bike was limited? - that ruling is a farce does it apply to police convoys?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.