Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Shipping Costs
Crazy Jay

posted on 11/4/04 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Shipping Costs

Does any1 know how much it would be to hav an R1 engine posted from scotland to Belfast?? Cause the i've been quoted £200 for a return trip, car with one passenger! Will prob pay it but jus wanna see if i can save myself some cash , Thanx alot
Jay

chrisg

posted on 11/4/04 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know about from Scotland, but did you think about getting an engine from MK and getting it shipped with your kit?

Might be cheaper.

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Crazy Jay

posted on 11/4/04 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah but im gettin an R1 engine tho for £800. Arent Mk's Fireblades? Mite see if i can go on the ferry as a foot passenger and take a package with me
Chris dont u work for MK? If so can u check the details of my order. jus to make sure Bill Adair gets the order right
its an Indy R1, black, bonnet with scoop, adaptor flange and modified prop. Do u know when it will b ready? Cheers

zetec

posted on 12/4/04 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
I know you can get a service using a pallet, takes a few days but cheap. Loads of people offer mail delivery on sets of wheels on Ebay which must be about the same size/weight as R1 and they charge about £40.
Mix

posted on 12/4/04 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
I used parcel post to send a lathe, (about 50 kg) from Scotland to Hampshire. Cost about £40 and the service is door to door. You have to arrange packing though.

Mick

ChrisW

posted on 12/4/04 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
I'd say £40-50 for shipping. Bringing a whole car and passenger back and forward seems excessive when you can just send it on a pallet. Just needs careful attention to packing to make sure it doesn't get damaged.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Crazy Jay

posted on 12/4/04 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah thats around the price i was hoping for. Colins gonna find out about it today hopefully. Will let u know how it turns out
chrisg

posted on 12/4/04 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
MK can source virtually any M/C engine including R1's

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Crazy Jay

posted on 15/4/04 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Well gettin the engine shipped over by some company for £62! Think thts pretty good.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.