Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: HELP..........
Viper

posted on 11/4/04 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
HELP..........

anybody out here ever changed a steering rack on a cavalier??? is there an easy way to remove the bolt under the servo??
Tim

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 11/4/04 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
what sort of cav?pas?never had a prob with them

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Viper

posted on 11/4/04 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
PAS 20 saloon fwd, the u clamps that hold the rack to the bulkhead, o/s, top bolt is behind the servo can't get on the poxy thing, can't get on the bolts for the servo either......

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ben_Copeland

posted on 11/4/04 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Should beable to unbolt the servo from the bulk head. It says in the haynes manual that you need to remove the servo! Its a complicated process! buy a haynes manual it talks you through it

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Wadders

posted on 12/4/04 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
This is going to sound like no help at all, but it is definately possible to change the rack without removing the servo, i did it once, many years ago, so long infact that i can't remember how. I do remember it was a proper basta*d of a job and thinking it was impossible, and then finding a way to do it. I seem to remember finding two holes and using a long allen key to undo a couple of bolts holding the servo. Make sure you flush out the fluid tank and pipes, i forgot, and the new rack sprang a leak within a few days which was VERY depressing.
Good Luck
Al.

theconrodkid

posted on 12/4/04 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
think last time i did one i just removed the bottom nut and bent the clamp till it slid round the rack.i used the U/J and socket all in one peice

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Viper

posted on 12/4/04 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
The bolt in question hits the servo before it is fully undone, in fact after about 2 turns, i got the rack off with the aid of an air saw its just getting the replacement back on. for the record it onlt took five sore and bloody hours to remove one pissin bolt..is rhis a record???
Tim.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.