Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: large vinyl on side of car
pinto

posted on 23/11/09 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
large vinyl on side of car

saw a black car to day with a very large vinyl
on side only got a quick look
it was a large rip down the side with what looked like a dinosaur head and eye looking out
were would you get this sort of thing
done usual gooogle searches but cant find this one

RichardK

posted on 23/11/09 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
paul the 6th on here can do bespoke stuff like that.

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 23/11/09 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
who is it has the lara croft thing down the side? its someone on here, but i can't think who

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Dangle_kt

posted on 23/11/09 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Search for vinyl wraps, you will find most sign writers can do the job, whether they will be cheap and good enough to do a quality job like you saw is pot luck unless you get a recommendation
paul the 6th

posted on 23/11/09 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
just spent ages typing a detailed reply only to be asked to log in... FFS!

are you after anything in particular pinto?

thanks for the name check rich

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
pinto

posted on 23/11/09 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
just wondered what something like i saw would cost
just can't find anything like it

dave107

posted on 24/11/09 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
HI Pinto

Not to far away signs & Graphics Unlimited at Ford Nr Arundel do vinyl wraps, and for a long time they had their Transit vinyl wrapped with a Dinosaur looking through something with a zip open.

Tel 01243 555571.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 24/11/09 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
What about this:
JohnC's Livery
JohnC's Livery

sminney

posted on 24/11/09 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
i'm interested in this - saw a mini covered in a carbon fibre effect vinyl wrap on Wheeler dealers a month or so ago.

Paul - what's a rough ball park figure to wrap a 7 type car? (all panels)

ta.

paul the 6th

posted on 24/11/09 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
nothing like putting me on the spot sminney!

I'll be honest - it's not something currently offer but I've done a taster session where I had a go at wrapping the side of a mustang. Not *that* difficult if you're used to working with vinyl/adhesive media but takes some patience...

The guy who taught us said that they work on square metres to work out the costs for both materials and labour... He was an american so it was in dollars but my scribbles show that it's around £30-£40/square metre for the materials and around £20-£25/square metre for the labour... Soon ends up costing a small fortune for vans & 4x4's!

I'll get in touch with our large scale artwork supplier to find out some costs and report back asap. With something like a 7 type car, there's not as much area so the costs would be quite a bit less

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
sminney

posted on 27/11/09 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Paul - thanks for the response, look forwards to hearing the results.

if i wanted something bespoke, do you print the vinyl's yourself or does that all get sub'd out?

paul the 6th

posted on 27/11/09 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
well we do have a 2 ft HP printer (and laminator) which uses vivera inks and is ideal for around 85% of the work we do. For the vinyl wraps we'd need an 'eco-solvent' printer which, for a decent one, you're looking at money similar to a deposit on a house for a first time buyer.

So yeah, we'd have to farm the work out but we're on good terms with a large print house in leeds which means we can keep our costs down as well ...

--------

MikeR

posted on 27/11/09 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Suddenly i'm thinking .......

I've got Ali sides. I want to paint them.

What would it cost to wrap the Ali sides on a seven with one fixed colour - probably black?

Is it a home job - ie you supply the stuff with a profit for youself or in reality would i be better getting some one professional to do it all ?

How think / strong / long lasting is the vinyl ?

paul the 6th

posted on 28/11/09 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
u2u sent

--------

tcr

posted on 28/11/09 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
is this stuff anygood iv been thinking of covering mine in itebay vinyl

MK MIDI ZX10R
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4393256076054.2182513.1427988207&type=1&l=64c91c3c17
why isnt anything simple!!!
torquetune.co.uk
nrpexhausts.co.uk

paul the 6th

posted on 29/11/09 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
The only rolls I've seen of carbon fibre film are 610mm wide and non of our suppliers offer them in larger widths so it'd be a case of ordering direct from the supplier - that guy does appear to be charing a small fortune though!

It'd take a bit of skill & patience to get it looking right on something like a bonnet with scoops, but for simple bodywork like the side panels it'd be quite easy

--------

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.