Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Buy 4 Tyre Deals and Costco ???
Tris

posted on 21/1/10 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Buy 4 Tyre Deals and Costco ???

Hi all,

I find myself in the unfortunate position of having to put 4 new tyres on my A4 (235/40/18)'s. A quick look shows that i am looking at the best part of £600 for these, so ive been looking around for some deals.

I know kwik-fit do a deal where by if you buy 4 or more there's a 25% discount, but has anyone seen any others ?

Also, and although i am not a member, ive heard that there's some deals to be had on michelin tyres at costco is you buy 4 - does anyone know if this is true ?

Cheers
Tris

franky

posted on 21/1/10 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
have a look at www.blackcircles.co.uk or .com

cheapest place anywhere for rubber.

Well bar the gents.

franky

posted on 21/1/10 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
just had a quick look for you, about £90 a corner for good rubber.
tomgregory2000

posted on 21/1/10 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Here you go
Black round things

scootz

posted on 21/1/10 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Don't be shy to 'brass-neck' it at your local tyre fitters. Their profit margins are mahoosive, so lots of room for haggling!

You'll easily knock over 25% off their start prices (I do!).

It's Evolution Baby!

Tris

posted on 21/1/10 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the links so far - i too have used blackcircles although their website dosn't seam to give discounts for buying multiples (figure that as i need 4, i might as well have a look for anyone offering a deal first).

Rather than replacing the conti's that are on it now, i am thinking about going for the Toyo Proxes T1-R's instead - has anyone had any experience of these ? They seam to have a good write-up - http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Toyo/T1R.htm

franky

posted on 21/1/10 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
very good rubber although they only last about 75% as long as other tyre's as they're so bloody sticky
x_flow57

posted on 21/1/10 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
We use the Toyo Proxes T1-R's on my Wife's Vectra (V6 SRi) and I'm forever changing them, not good millage as she drives very slowly and hates any sort of acceleration or G. I'm about to try something else.
Nick

big-vee-twin

posted on 21/1/10 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
I use tyretraders.com, I have a R26 with 18 inch rims and find that Falken FK-452 are really good last for around 30k miles and very sticky
go for £100 a corner.

Falken are the 6th largest manufacturer in the world and largest in Japan.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

Steve G

posted on 21/1/10 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Had a discount voucher through just this morning offering 20% off any 2 tyres at Costco. Do you know any members at all??
mookaloid

posted on 21/1/10 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.mytyres.co.uk

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

richardR1

posted on 21/1/10 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Camskill for £92 a tyre. Lot of people really rate these Vredesteins. A lot of guys on vxronline are switching from Continental to these on the Astra and reporting excellent grip and good wear levels.

[Edited on 21/1/10 by richardR1]

MK Owners Club Member 1015

JohnN

posted on 21/1/10 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
The Costco deal is usually twice a year for a couple of weeks at a time.

They only sell Michelin and the deal is 20% off four tyres bought at a time. They are great for my Clio, £130 a set of four 195/50/15V, when I renewed them in November last year.

I'm guessing but I was looking when I was in the other day, to see if they sold 19" tyres for my Cayman, but 18" was the largest diameter in stock. They can, however get any Michelin tyre, available in the UK within a day or two. My recollection is that your size will be the best part of £170 'ish per tyre, with 20% discount that'll be about £550 'ish. In that size the tyres on display will be Pilot Sports.
Definitely worth popping in or ringing up your local branch for a quote, and to ask when they will next have the tyre deal on. Around here in Chester I would expect the next deal to be around May/June

[Edited on 21/1/10 by JohnN]

Nash

posted on 21/1/10 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tris
Thanks for the links so far - i too have used blackcircles although their website dosn't seam to give discounts for buying multiples (figure that as i need 4, i might as well have a look for anyone offering a deal first).

Rather than replacing the conti's that are on it now, i am thinking about going for the Toyo Proxes T1-R's instead - has anyone had any experience of these ? They seam to have a good write-up - http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Toyo/T1R.htm

I did exactly this change on my GTI Golf. Changed from the Contisport 2 to T1R's. For me as good as the Conti, no increased roadnoise that I can tell and a fraction of the cost.

Do haggle as said elsewhere here as cash speaks volumes.

When I searched for the T1R's I had quotes from £160 down to £95 and that was for only 2 tyres. Compare that to £195 for Contisport 3 (Sport 2 replacement). Pays to front it out and price match / haggle.

Good Hunting

.........Neil

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

mediabloke

posted on 21/1/10 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
NTDWM, but I used these when I was looking for one to match the set on my Octy. They were a good bit cheaper than the next quote and offered fitting at the nearest National tyre-bay to my work.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.