Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK2 Golf Choke Knackered
James

posted on 22/4/04 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
MK2 Golf Choke Knackered

Some part of the automatic choke on my MK2 Golf has failed. It's the 1.8 GL (with carbs) as opposed to the GTI.

The result is that until it's warmed up it's idling at 3000rpm! Also, once it's warmed and the revs drop it's idling at 1500RPM as opposed to the 900ish it's meant to be. After a long journey though it's back to normal (900RPM).

I know that these cars have problems with the wax stat frequently. I replaced this part 18mths ago and looking through the receipts that was the 5th one it's had! The 'stat is £28+ so I don't want to rush to get one if it may be something else. Also, when it went before the symptons were no where near as severe- the car was idling at 2000.

Anyway, basically what I'm asking is if there's anything else that regulates the choke other than the wax stat and is it likely it needs replacing on a v-high mileage car? Or shall I just go get the car's 6th stat and be done with it?

Thanks, any help greatfully recieved- this is getting expensive in petrol!

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 22/4/04 by James]

theconrodkid

posted on 23/4/04 at 05:21 AM Reply With Quote
sound like you need another waxstat

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.