Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Shooting Spree in Cumbria...
scootz

posted on 2/6/10 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Shooting Spree in Cumbria...

Shootings in Cumbria Link

It's Evolution Baby!

cd.thomson

posted on 2/6/10 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
get down there and neutralise the issue Scott!

On a side note have you seen the film "taken"? I imagine you to be like Liam Neeson but with back ache

Craig

scootz

posted on 2/6/10 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
I won't be going anywhere (have the Dentist at 2:30).

I'd imagine that Ivan (T66) will be hovering about in the sky over there though!

It's Evolution Baby!

Humbug

posted on 2/6/10 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
I won't be going anywhere (have the Dentist at 2:30).

I'd imagine that Ivan (T66) will be hovering about in the sky over there though!

Dentist at tooth-hurty, eh?

balidey

posted on 2/6/10 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
BBC reporting that Police think they have found his body.

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

TimC

posted on 2/6/10 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Holy Cr@p!

tony-devon

posted on 2/6/10 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
what a sad sad world,

but just how did it happen, I thought the government had got rid of illegal guns?

Im expecting a big backlash towards the legal shooters after this event

I always look at events like this and wonder, if the public could get permission to carry arms, how many would have died then,

heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it breaks, hit them with it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
A1

posted on 2/6/10 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
holy cock!:O
tony-devon

posted on 2/6/10 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
according to cumbria police website it looks like the git topped himself in boot woods

HOORAY!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eddie99

posted on 2/6/10 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Terrible!

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
BenB

posted on 2/6/10 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tony-devon
what a sad sad world,

but just how did it happen, I thought the government had got rid of illegal guns?

shotgun? lots of those around.....

tony-devon

posted on 2/6/10 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
yeah indeed theres a lot of them, sorry my sarcastic comment was just aimed at the useless politicians that will no doubt have some major knee jerk reaction to this event

I feel very sorry for the families of those killed or injured, but at least the selfish twat is dead and its over

luckily in my opinion that he topped himself

saves the taxpayer a fortune and at least the job didnt fall to an armed response officer who then isnt allowed to work and faces endless questions and paperwork for just doing the job he is paid and trained to do.

Jasper

posted on 2/6/10 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
what a sad sad world,

I always look at events like this and wonder, if the public could get permission to carry arms, how many would have died then,

Are you for real??????

If the public had permission to carry guns, then every Saturday night in your local town centre would be like living in the Wild West.

Guns kill people, more guns out there means more people die .....

If you're a Charlton Heston lover, then go and live in the US and enjoy their death rate by gun crime.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

BenB

posted on 2/6/10 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
quote:
what a sad sad world,

Are you for real??????

If the public had permission to carry guns, then every Saturday night in your local town centre would be like living in the Wild West.

If you're a Charlton Heston lover, then go and live in the US and enjoy their death rate by gun crime.

It's a bit like after the last school shooting in the states some flipping eeeejut on the news said "they pick on schools because pupils aren't allowed to bring guns in to school, if pupils were allowed to bring in guns there would be less shootings"

For real!!!

tony-devon

posted on 2/6/10 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
the comments about schools is just stupid I have to agree, they are usually picked on because the nutter is from that school and has problems there or something similar

I didnt say that it should happen or that it was a great idea, I just said that I often wondered

would the typical thieving scrote go robbing multiple houses if he was aware that the owner of that house would most likely have a gun and might shoot them?

its something that we will never know here anyway

the only thing that I would say that it sounds like a shotgun was used in this horrific shooting spree, if owned illegally then theres not a lot that could have been done

however if it was held legally then it backs up what I have felt for a long time, that the licensing with regards to shotguns needs a major shakeup

and this is coming from a shooter!

fha772

posted on 2/6/10 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Well, as somebody who was applying their handgun licence at the time of Dunblaine.
I can safely say, I can buy a pistol easier, quicker, and cheaper than when they were legal. I have been offered guns before now in backstreet pubs in Nottingham and Manchester. I have reported these incidents to the police.

The law worked well before, but unfortunately, 1 nutter got through the checks. At least then there was checks on the people who had handguns, unlike now, where any loon who thinks he's a "Gangsta" can get 1 with little hassle.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=6743&start=105

D Beddows

posted on 2/6/10 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry but there's no excuse or justification for owning a gun...... or any other dedicated weapon come to that. and if you admire the 'beauty' of something whose sole reason for existing is to kill things then I think you need a bit of looking at........

jollygreengiant

posted on 2/6/10 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
what a sad sad world,

Are you for real??????

I am not going to get into any sort of back wards and forwards on this, as the very sad result of one person going over the edge has had such sad results.

You can NEVER legislate to stop the individual having such a severe breakdown and doing what he has done.
As for gun ownership, always citing the alledged unsafe extreme of America is a fairly typical kneejerk political reaction. In Switzerland gun ownership is almost mandatory as is enlistment in their Armed services. The result is that armed bank robberies and events such as todays are few and far between because if someone kicks off, then they know that their chances of survival are next to nill and it will all be over much quicker.

Guns DO NOT kill. People using guns kill.

Each time the government controlled gun ownership with tighter legislation, illegal gun ownership has seemed to increase.

The above statements are MY opinion and in leiu of the sad circumstances I shall make NO further reply as a mark of respect for those who have today very sadly lost thier lives today.

My thoughts are with those of the families that have lost loved ones today. I.P.E.S.

[Edited on 2/6/10 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

tony-devon

posted on 2/6/10 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
guns dont kill people!

and they dont exist for the sole purpose of killing things

shooting is a sport, an olympic sport at that, as well as pest control

people shoot for the same reasons that some of you take your cars to tracks and hammer round trying to go faster and set a new lap time

competition

how many people die each year in the UK in gun related accidents?

how many die in car accidents, oops lets ban cars LOL

once again it will be the legal owners that get hammered over it, as they are the only ones the police can have a go at, as the criminals walk free

however as I have said, I do feel that shotgun licenses do need to be looked at and changes made, you dont need good reason, you dont have to proove that you have been using it, and you arent limited to how many you own!

jossey

posted on 2/6/10 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
crazy sh*t
Jasper

posted on 2/6/10 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
quote:
quote:
what a sad sad world,

Are you for real??????

I am not going to get into any sort of back wards and forwards on this, as the very sad result of one person going over the edge has had such sad results.

You can NEVER legislate to stop the individual having such a severe breakdown and doing what he has done.
As for gun ownership, always citing the alledged unsafe extreme of America is a fairly typical kneejerk political reaction. In Switzerland gun ownership is almost mandatory as is enlistment in their Armed services. The result is that armed bank robberies and events such as todays are few and far between because if someone kicks off, then they know that their chances of survival are next to nill and it will all be over much quicker.

Guns DO NOT kill. People using guns kill.

Each time the government controlled gun ownership with tighter legislation, illegal gun ownership has seemed to increase.

The above statements are MY opinion and in leiu of the sad circumstances I shall make NO further reply as a mark of respect for those who have today very sadly lost thier lives today.

My thoughts are with those of the families that have lost loved ones today. I.P.E.S.

[Edited on 2/6/10 by jollygreengiant]

Ok, to deal with these points as is only fair to do:

1. No, of course you can never legislate against nutters, but if they can gets their hands on a gun rather than a knife they will, most certainly, kill a LOT more people.

2. Switzerland .... have you ever been out on a Saturday night in Switzerland? I have, and it's got to be one of the most boring places on earth. The Swiss are not like us, or Americans, or most other people, they are on the whole MUCH more well off, much better educated, and much more conservative. The reason they don't have a lot of gun crime isn't because everybody walks around armed to the teeth (I go to Switzerland quite regularly and know quite a few Swiss people, none of them own guns or would carry one around), it's because it's an extremely affluent country without a huge divide between rich and poor. To say they don't have much armed or any other crime because they are all armed is just nonsense.

3. Guns don't kill pople, well of course they do when they're in the hands of people. If there are more guns in circualtion, then more people will die. Look at how many shootings they have in the US from children getting hold of their parents guns?

Whenever things like this happen those who like and use guns always come up with the same old tired arguments to justify they're hobbies.

Actually I don't have a problem with guns used for shooting game, or for target shooting as long as they are well controlled. HOWEVER, guns used for target shooting should be kept at the range, why bring them home and risk someone else getting hold of them?

And we need cars for getting around, so we weigh up the benefits against the costs. We DON'T need guns, except in a few circstances.

BenB

posted on 2/6/10 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
Guns don't kill people.

bullets do.

tony-devon

posted on 2/6/10 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
leaving guns at the range is not such a great idea in the current way of thinking

its considered more of a threat, should the range security be breached, as it could and would, then they would gain access to a whole heap of guns, in my club alone I would hate to think of the number that would be there!

it would also make shooting at other events and venues a pain if your local club is a fair drive in the opposite direction etc

peoples reaction to events like this is no surprise, and I fully understand the negative attitude towards firearm ownership.

however when people are as unhinged as that guy, then I dont think it would have mattered if it was a plank of wood, a golf club or a carving knife, he would have harmed someone no matter what.

Staple balls

posted on 2/6/10 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
2. Switzerland .... have you ever been out on a Saturday night in Switzerland? I have, and it's got to be one of the most boring places on earth. The Swiss are not like us, or Americans, or most other people, they are on the whole MUCH more well off, much better educated, and much more conservative. The reason they don't have a lot of gun crime isn't because everybody walks around armed to the teeth (I go to Switzerland quite regularly and know quite a few Swiss people, none of them own guns or would carry one around), it's because it's an extremely affluent country without a huge divide between rich and poor. To say they don't have much armed or any other crime because they are all armed is just nonsense.

Wait, isn't Switzerland one of those places that still has conscription and IIRC also requires people in service to keep their service rifle at home?

Jasper

posted on 2/6/10 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

however when people are as unhinged as that guy, then I dont think it would have mattered if it was a plank of wood, a golf club or a carving knife, he would have harmed someone no matter what.

This is EXACTLY my point about gun ownership, if you do loose the plot it's SO much easier to kill lots of poeple with a gun than a blank of wood or a golf club.

People will always loose the plot, but giving anybody access to an impliment that means they can kill lots of people very easily and quickly will always lead to this sort of thing. I would imagine it would take a lot more to kill someone with a golf club than a single shot with a gun.

How many people do you think would have been killed at Columbine if the killed had been armed with a plank of wood or a golf club ?????

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.