Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: motorbike tyre recommendations
mads

posted on 3/7/10 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
motorbike tyre recommendations

hey all,
could anyone recommend me some tyres for a GSXR600? main use will be road but will be doing a tour round europe this summer on the Stelvio and Furka pass so want sufficient grip. Will be covering approx 2500miles so need them to last the distance too.

suggestions?

also, anyone know where i can get them cheaply too?

cheers all

[Edited on 3/7/10 by mads]

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

maartenromijn

posted on 3/7/10 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
I have an 'oldtimer' fireblade with 16" front wheel. So I have little choice in tyres. I have Michelin Pilot Sport, and I like them very much. More then sufficient grip on the street, on the track and in wet conditions. Michelin Pilot Powers are even better. I can trust on my tyres 200%!

BLOG: http://thunderroad-super7.blogspot.com/

maartenromijn

posted on 3/7/10 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
CRT Assen
CRT Assen

BLOG: http://thunderroad-super7.blogspot.com/

Peteff

posted on 3/7/10 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Michelin Pilot Power 2CT should do the job. Colin Edwards testin on his GP bike. If you are going for it 2,500 is going to be a push and cheap and bike tyres are not concepts that go together. You might find some offers somewhere. I got Pirelli Diablos fitted for £140 earlier this year and they work fine.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

jambojeef

posted on 3/7/10 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Took the VFR down to montenegro via alps and ring last summer and was never short of grip and feel out of the BT021s I had fitted in the spring... but my mates diablos whcih were fitted at the same time to his ZX6r have worn much better.....

Would be tempted by daiblos next time around - or pilot road...

Antnicuk

posted on 3/7/10 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
i have dunlops 207 on my thunderace as its a commuter and they last really well. I did 8500 miles on them.

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

Ninehigh

posted on 3/7/10 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
...cheap and bike tyres are not concepts that go together.

Yeah you don't want the kind of tyres I had on my bangers back in the day. £20 for a new tyre seems like a bargain until you come up to a roundabout at 55, notice oncoming traffic, brake and slide 8 foot into their path...

Couldn't even wear the buggers out either!

mads

posted on 4/7/10 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the replies all. think its between pilot powers and the pirelli corsas which someone else recommended.

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.