Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The PRO LAZER III speed trap
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 26/5/04 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
The PRO LAZER III speed trap

Was reading in The DAILY Mail pg31 today that the Dorset police intend to start using the PRO LAZER III to trap you up to a mile away. Why the cops dont get out and sort real crime gets me. Its the lure of money easy money! They dont even need to get out the van. The article says that they dont need to stick up signs if they trap at a particular site unlees it is used more than twice in two months. Who goes round policeing the police! THE POLICE... At this rate the only place to play will be those expensive track days on old airfields. Or move to the ISLE OF MAN.... heres the link to this evil contraption. So dorset lads on your toes
http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/speed102.htm

Under the plan, the Treasury would still get the revenue from the first 10,000 tickets issued and that the partnership would benefit hundred per cent from the revenue generated by the 30,000 extra fines.

The understanding is there will still be police discretion. It will involve targeting, an appropriate response and transparency. It is not a money-spinner for the police, and they will not be employing a jackbooted approach.

This move could generate a real debate. If people revolt as they did against the poll tax, the whole thing could be a disaster. At the moment, 91 per cent of people pay their fines. If they start refusing to pay, the court system could jam up in weeks.

Makes you think

[Edited on 26-5-04 by mangogrooveworkshop]

stephen_gusterson

posted on 26/5/04 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
the speed vans they use in northants, and have done for 3 years, get you from 1km away.

this is near enough to make no difference and is the shyte we have to put up with in northants.

However, over the last year the vans seem to be less plentiful (there are seven) - perhaps they think they are upsetting people, or are hanging out places I dont go!

atb

steve

ChrisW

posted on 27/5/04 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
Do a google for the LRC100 'garage door opener'

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 27/5/04 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
I'd rather stick to the limit!!!

£350 and it's not portable so for 2 cars and a bike you'd need 3. 'kinell

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

andyps

posted on 27/5/04 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Do a google for the LRC100 'garage door opener'

Chris

Apparently, you can be prosecuted for these unless you can prove you have a garage door which it will operate. I suggest that one of us gets an appropriate door and lets everyone else who wants to buy a garage door opener for it.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

stephen_gusterson

posted on 27/5/04 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
perhaps you could be saving up for the door part?

One point - what happens if you get it 'from the rear'

in northants they hide on the far side of bridges - i got caught this way in 2000 from 180 yards....

thats 2 systems per car methinks

andyps

posted on 27/5/04 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
I like the "saving up" idea

Not sure if they use this sort from the rear, I've never heard of it, but it may be possible.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

mad4x4

posted on 28/5/04 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Ok I've found a hole in there marketing

When LRC 100 acquires a laser gun, it immediately returns a 5-second jamming signal, gives the driver a visual warning, and emits a 100dB audible alert. For 5-seconds, the laser gun’s display will not produce a speed reading, more than enough time for the driver to check, and if necessary, adjust vehicle speed safely. The diode then shuts down, and the jammer acts as a passive detector for the next 60 seconds while you clear the laser speed trap. After recycling, the LRC 100 is ready to do its job again.

BUT

Laser detectors mounted on the windshield give little or no warning because they are outside a laser guns beam. If these detectors do sound an alert it could be too late. The laser gun may have already clculated the vehicles speed. Laser guns generally target between 600 to 1,200 feet. targeting vehicles at distances greater than 1,000 feet is very difficult.

SO

Unless this mounted on the headlamp or the Number plate ( or any ther reflective targed on the front of your vehicle) then the detector is going to be "outside a laser gun’s beam".

Do that mean we need to remodel our vehicles to have 100's of thes stuck to the front?

[Edited on 28/505/04 by mad4x4]

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.