Author: Subject: do you like your job?
stephen_gusterson

posted on 27/5/04 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
do you like your job?

as a follow on from 'what do you do?'

Alan B

posted on 27/5/04 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Good poll Steve...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 27/5/04 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
It's rewarding and I love it - today!

Tomorrow - I may hate it!

That's how it goes sometimes....

RoadkillUK

posted on 27/5/04 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
I used to enjoy it, but you eventually learn that even though you try to believe the company you work for is not out for the money and they really care about the customer and the workers, they are only after the cash.

Then it's each man for himself, keep your nose clean, do the job and go home at the end of the day.

Every month stapled to our wage slips is another set of rules and regulations. This month the words 'Disiplinary Action' was mentioned only 6 times.

They've even started giving out 'parking tickets' for those who parked in the customers area of the car park. Not really too bothered about that but it would have been nice to tell your employees about it and then let them know which part of the car park was designated for the customers. (I got 2 of these tickets, one more and I'm expected to park on the main road outside the gates)

Oh I've had a good day at work

I could go on all night

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
robinbastd

posted on 27/5/04 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
I love my job most of the time but I don't love working 6 days a week (7 throughout November and December)
I took a holiday last year for the first time in 10 years and now I want another!!
Being (kind of ) your own boss is rewarding/frustrating in equal measure.
Blatant plug...Online smutty novelty gift webshop...........coming soon to an internet near you!!

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

stephen_gusterson

posted on 27/5/04 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
you might find that making you park outside is against local planning rules. Companies have to provide a certain amount of spaces to suit their employees.....

atb

steve

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 27/5/04 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
The job I do is great the poo part came when they paid off a whole bunch of people, that set the tone for a long time to come with `the brown nosers` the `put him downs to make me look better` and mushroom management crossed with the chaos theory. Hell the have the gall to phone up when your on leave to ask where this is and that is!!!!!!!! To sum it up the job good and is a tad stressfull (3 staff with heart attacks this year) But its the dickhead back stabbing bast3rds that make it crappy. UBLUNDER is a great product on a great network with turkeys as first line techs........we pick up what the turkeys cant fix. Call he cable guy......he`s on call!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.