Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hayabusa FI Light
chris taylor

posted on 9/8/10 at 06:58 AM Reply With Quote
Hayabusa FI Light

Is there a way for a layman to read the FI codes?
Light has been on since 1st start up but there doesn't appear to be a fault, engine is running sweet etc, only thing is the fuel gauge reads just almost empty all the time (even when I fill it up) but it doesn;t read at all for the 1st few mins after start up then the FI light flickers but stays on, and the gauge low warning light goes out and the actual gauge goes up slightly, just enough to put the low fuel warning light out?

Any ideas ?
cheers,
Chris

MakeEverything

posted on 9/8/10 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris taylor
Is there a way for a layman to read the FI codes?
Light has been on since 1st start up but there doesn't appear to be a fault, engine is running sweet etc, only thing is the fuel gauge reads just almost empty all the time (even when I fill it up) but it doesn;t read at all for the 1st few mins after start up then the FI light flickers but stays on, and the gauge low warning light goes out and the actual gauge goes up slightly, just enough to put the low fuel warning light out?

Any ideas ?
cheers,
Chris

As i understand, if a power commander, Chip or aftermarket exhaust is fitted, then this can cause the F1 light to come on. It shows that the map is out of tolerance i believe. - Well thats what i was told when i asked a bike mechanic at a test ride.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

dan__wright

posted on 9/8/10 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
on the gixxer thou there is a dealer plug under the seat, you short two of the wires together and it either flashes a code or displays it on the screen, cant remember which. you can then look this up agaist a list of codes.

i found it on google when i was looking last time.
usefull words 'dealer plug' and 'dealer mode'

[Edited on 9/8/10 by dan__wright]

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.