Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ebay advise please!
ned

posted on 4/6/04 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
ebay advise please!

Guys,

just after some advice. Been selling some wheels on ebay. when the auction ended the guy turned up and made me an offer below what he bid, claiming the wheel nuts should be included which I'd not mentioned or advertised on the auction (i need them on my car for my new wheels obviously!)

I left negative feedback as the guy very rudely stormed out of my house and is a non paying bidder.

He has in return left feedback which is a downright lie, saying that I changed the 'agreed' price. obviuosly as far as i know the agreed price was the price the auctin ended at!

I just had an email from someone bidding on the relisted auction saying this guy has contacted them rubbishing the wheels. saying they are in appauling condition, need balancing etc etc. the tyres were new 6 months ago and were balanced then!

what course of actio n should i take. i don't want to do anything hasty, but this is really annoying me to say the least.

Jasper, this is your area of expertise i gather?!!

thanks,

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ben_Copeland

posted on 4/6/04 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
What a twat... Put a note on the bottom of your auction telling bidders about this person!

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

mackie

posted on 4/6/04 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Report him to eBay abuse and explain what happened. The agreed price *is* the auction price and if your original description made no mention of nuts then you are completely in the right and he has no leg to stand on.
It's an arse when people leave neg feedback out of spite but there's not much you can do about it apart from report it to ebay.
I would have thought it quite easy to prove your position.

LoCostLancs

posted on 4/6/04 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
I have sold and bought alot of things from ebay.
If you read the rules of selling and buying the winning bidder is LEGALLY obliged to buy theproduct you are selling, by winning the auction you have entered an agreement with the winning bidder to sell the product at the price the auction ended, providing the product has been descrided and advertised correctly, i.e you havent included things then gone back on your word. In this case if you have not stated the nuts are included then you should have shown him the ad when he was at your home.
It sounds like youve got some twit who wants to haggle after the auction, which isnt what auctions are about!. You win you buy.
Id report him to ebay immediatly so they can watch him, state what happened and that you have had to re-list your item, ebay are responsible for the upkeep of members feedback rating and to ensure things so smoothly this time you've been unfortunate.

Tiger? No thanks!

ned

posted on 4/6/04 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for the comments. i had a printout of the auction at home to show him if he got funny, but he literally stormed out of my house, not even shutting the front door before I even had a chance!

i have now amended the auction stating the problems with this guy and have said no wheel nuts are included, though agree that I am right in that i hadn't said they were included previously. i realise i could take it to a small claims court, as my girlfriend is a solicitor and has lots of friends but it isn't worth the time, hastle and effort.

I will shortly be reporting this guy to ebay, I have responded to the feedback he has left me and hopefully I can get ebay to close his account and remove the feedback he left.

it annoys my that on ebay you need 3 non paying bidder alerts from failed auctions before an account will be closed!

thanks again,

Ned.

[Edited on 4/6/04 by ned]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 4/6/04 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
You could tell us his name/email... then we can all put negative remarks about him in his feedback and thereby closing his account!

Ben_Copeland

posted on 4/6/04 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Dont think you can just leave feed back... you have to be the buyer/seller of a specific auction, from what i understand. Pity

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

ChrisW

posted on 4/6/04 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Get one of your girlfriend's friends to write him a letter on solicitor's headed paper. That should scare him into paying up, at least for the eBay fees and something for your trouble!

Chris

My gaff my rules

flak monkey

posted on 4/6/04 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
Chris,

That trick works wonders .......so i have heard...

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

ned

posted on 4/6/04 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
I'll get the ebay fees back after filing the non paying bidder alert etc. I'd be more worried about him coming round to damage something else if i made him pay up by sending a solicitors letter.

Ned.

ChrisW

posted on 4/6/04 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Do u know where he lives? If so, it's not a problem!

Chris

My gaff my rules

ned

posted on 4/6/04 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
yes i do, but don't really want to get into that side of things.

pbura

posted on 4/6/04 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Feedback can be mutually withdrawn with te consent of both parties, could be a sweetener for persuading him to honor the original deal.

BoL,

Pete

Pete

JoelP

posted on 4/6/04 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
what a twat. you have my sympathies ned, but i have no advice beyond whats already been said. except i would do the solicitor route, and if anything get mysteriously damaged (hes not going to kill you over it) then you can worry about sorting him out, or calling the law.

best of luck anyway...

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

ned

posted on 4/6/04 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
I have now reported him to ebay for contacting my bidders and rubbishing my item.

I also had a quick look and fuond the car that he arrived in was one he won off ebay, even have the reg no from the pictures..

Also know what mobile phone he uses!

I'm sure I can find his address too under the auction/invoice details somewhere...

Ned.

I'm still considering my position but if the auction doesn't get near what it did the first time round then i could take him to court for the difference!

[Edited on 4/6/04 by ned]

Spyderman

posted on 4/6/04 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Don't be too shure of getting your Ebay charges back!
They don't do anything that might loose them money.
I tried selling a car on Ebay and after auction ended was contacted by buyer that due to his health he coud not collect.
By mutual agreement I decided to relist.
I never got the fees back from Ebay.

Car value was only £50 and Ebay charged me £25.

Terry

Spyderman

ned

posted on 4/6/04 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
sorry to hear that terry, though 10 days after filing a non paying bidder alert you can apply for an insertion fee credit. maybe it's different if you dont file a non paying bidder alert and it's a mutual thing?!

Ned.

marc n

posted on 4/6/04 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
hi ned
sure you can request his address from ebay, this is only allowed between winning bidder and seller sorry cant remember how to do it though,

regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
JoelP

posted on 4/6/04 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
if it comes to it ned, buy a similar car and clone his, then have a laugh one day. maybe even get him banned with 4 speed cameras!!!!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

ChrisW

posted on 4/6/04 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Or just 'borrow' his car and drive it through the speed cameras. It's not theft if you take it back afterwards! Hopefully he won't even notice it missing.

Chris

My gaff my rules

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.