Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: come on England
spunky

posted on 13/6/04 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
come on England

Not that I give sh!t about football but just come back from a great blast on the bike.
The roads are empty....
Hope the boys go all the way...

John

I love speed :-P

posted on 13/6/04 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
footballs crap

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 13/6/04 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
yep, it sucks eggs.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Dusty

posted on 13/6/04 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Once again glorious defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.
spunky

posted on 13/6/04 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, looks like we wont have empty roads to play on for very long.

John

The reckless man may not live as long......
But the cautious man does not live at all.....

theconrodkid

posted on 13/6/04 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
footie is crap,only pitty is we were beaten by the french

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

tom_loughlin

posted on 13/6/04 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
gotta say i like footy, but the england fans are a bunch of arses (the minority giving the rest a bad name)
mandy69

posted on 13/6/04 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
Total toilet is the only way to describe football.
locoboy

posted on 13/6/04 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Its all a load of shite, the hype that surrounds it and the load of tossers that speil nutsack to the press about it are a waste of space.

The one thing that really gats me about UK sport in general is the number of excuses that can come up with.

one commentator said tonight,

" i cant understand what went wrong.... we played well for 90 minutes we didnt put a foot wrong and played a good game, ....it was just our passing that let us down!" Wake up dipshit, isnt passing part of the game!

anyway rant over, hope they get stuffed and dont go through, cant be arsed with weeks of "elation, false hopes and the blame culture that surrounds it all.

Football should be downgraded from a religion back to a bloody sport

ATB
Locoboy

tadltd

posted on 13/6/04 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
I quite enjoyed it!

Steve.
(Vive la France!)

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stephen_gusterson

posted on 13/6/04 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
chips on their sholders

why such bad feelings?

80% of english would support the scots in a footie competition, whilst only 20% of scots would support the english.....

atb

steve

anyone that doestn support england thro the bad times is obviously not gonna take part in the celebrations IF (big if) they win....

spunky

posted on 13/6/04 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
It is strange how the Jocks always cheer for an English defeat. My allegiance is with England first but will gladly support Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
Would any of the Scotish members care to explain their behaviour...

As for football, I could probably enjoy it if it wasn't for the tribalistic bullshit and moronic supporters.
Never missed a match during the Rugby World Cup, now thats a sport....

John

The reckless man may not live as long......
But the cautious man does not live at all.....

Peteff

posted on 13/6/04 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
At least now we won't get the wankers (from the other thread) coming home from the pub at 1.30 banging on cars and chanting ENGERLUND like the idiots they are. I feel like following them home and waiting a couple of hours then doing the same to them, kin idiots. Pity they can't find something constructive for all that enthusiasm.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

blueshift

posted on 14/6/04 at 01:39 AM Reply With Quote
I was having a lovely drive in the evening sun with the top down while the footy was on. remarkably laid back drivers on the m25, a21.. perhaps the wankers were all watching tv?
N*E*R*D

posted on 14/6/04 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
What is all this football LARK any how
the ball is the totaly wrong shape for a good kick around !
any way more important did any one see top gear much better to veiw and funny for the right reasons

[Edited on 14/6/04 by N*E*R*D]

"Good Bad I'm the guy with the gun"

ChrisW

posted on 14/6/04 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah, Top Gear is far better viewing. Pity it's not on for nearly a month due to BLOODY FOOTBALL CRAP!

Chris

My gaff my rules

JoelP

posted on 14/6/04 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
they had a 35 grand xjs on top gear!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Simon

posted on 16/6/04 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
"I quite enjoyed it!

Steve.
(Vive la France!)"

Joke on Talk Sport (actually talk poo about football) with regard the current football competition:

What do you call a Scotman with a bottle of Champagne?

Waiter

ATB

Simon

tadltd

posted on 17/6/04 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Ooohhhh. Meow!

Have I touched a nerve?!

For the record, in a recent poll in the most popular tabloid in Scotland, over 60% asked said that they'd be supporting England in the Euro 2004 campaign.

All of 'em were then rounded up and sent to the nearest looney bin! (kidding, just kidding...)

The problem is that the louts AND the commentators (a minority) spoil it for everyone else who just wants to appreciate the football. You do get a bit sick fed up of the constant references to 1966, and the perpetual mentions of England during games that don't even involve them (Germany vs. Holland).

I was living in Essex during the 2002 World Cup and was actually pleased to see the country showing it's support for the team, with St George's flags hanging out windows and cars. There was a fun, party atmosphere surrounding the event, something that we're familiar with in Scotland when we're (rarely!) in a competition. THAT'S the kind of support England deserve, not the idiots that constantly spoil it for the rest.

Learning to take defeat graciously is not one of England's strong points, because they always expect to win every bloody tournament. The team is also over-criticised, and expectations of them are raised too high by the English media, fuelling the angst felt by the supporters.

Take the Scottish approach: chill out - enjoy the competition, be glad you're in it, and party - in victory or defeat! If you win party harder!!!

I'll raise a beer or two to Eng-er-land if they win it!

Good luck...

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

Peteff

posted on 17/6/04 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
On the radio yesterday.

It's nice to see all the patriots flying the flag for St. George, pity none of them thought to do it on St. Georges' Day though..

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Hellfire

posted on 17/6/04 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Too right Pete. Most English people celebrate St Patricks day more than St Georges.

theconrodkid

posted on 17/6/04 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
not allowed to celebrate st georges day as it upset some types

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

locoboy

posted on 17/6/04 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
I was fully behind the England team in the rugby world cup oce i realised that my home team Scotland were no longer a contender, its not a problem with supporting England that i have its a problem with football and all the bollox that surrounds it.

I mean wtf is David James doing when he states that he didnt save a blistering free kick because the referee was in the way - if i was the England manager and i heard him come out with that shite i would have slapped him about a bit...........its just bare faced inability to admit you were out done.

and to try to blame the FA for not providing him with video footage of Zidan's past free kicks, 2 points to make about that
1) He is a footballer - probably too thick to think to ask for it. 2) as the goal keeper surely its his responsibility to make sure he is up to speed on these things, its going to save his bacon in the end.

Its all a load or tripe, Rugby ........yes, Football game for over paid jessies who have their head up their own arse most of the time.

ATB
Locoboy

Simon

posted on 17/6/04 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
"Ooohhhh. Meow!

Have I touched a nerve?! "

Steve,

Not in the slightest. You started it

Only been to Scotland once, but have every intention of returning. Quite stunning. Though sure like rest of UK, it has it's not so desirable parts!

Conrod,

"not allowed to celebrate st georges day as it upset some types ".

Well, they found the way in, I'm sure they coan find their way out

ATB

Simon

tadltd

posted on 17/6/04 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Jeez - all I said was I enjoyed a game of football...

Oh, btw, well done to that team that beat Switzerland tonight. The 3rd goal was a cracker, just wish I could remember their name...

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.