Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Clear out: Fury bodywork, SPA quick release boss, speedo healer, Type R bits..
JekRankin

posted on 12/10/12 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
Clear out: Fury bodywork, SPA quick release boss, speedo healer, Type R bits..

1. SPA quick release steering wheel boss. The slug is a bolt on type to suit FWD Ford columns; will not fit Sierra columns. There are a couple of tiny marks on the boss, and a small dink on a corner of the hub, but its in otherwise good condition. I cannot detect any play between the slug and the boss. £55 delivered.

2. Speedohealer for Yamaha R1. Suits 5PW and perhaps other years? I bought it 2nd hand from a fellow locostbuilder, but never used it because I went down the Digidash route . In excellent used condition, and with fitting and calibration instructions. £50 delivered.

3. Set of new bodywork panels for a Fisher Fury in black gelcoat. Tub, bonnet, 2x sidepods. Does not include boot floor.

Spyder tub with classic bonnet. This body is from the new Fury sport scars moulds and is a quantum leap in quality of finish and layup compared to the BGH/KCW pieces.

I have cut a hole in the left hand sidepod for an R1 exhaust manifold. The minimum amount of material was removed for this. Bodywork is other wise unused and has only been unwrapped briefly to inspect the finish.

The layup is a bit heavier than my old BGH set; approx 15kg more weight. Pieces are located near Stranraer. For a comprehensive set of photographs, please u2u me.

Open to offers on these. May consider splitting. Please u2u for more info.

5. Set of four Denso Irridium 5311 spark plugs, new in boxes. £12 posted.

6. Intake plenum removed from a low mileage (6k approx) Honda Civic Type-R (EP3). Excellent condition. No idea what this is worth really. Offers? (I also have the diff from the same car, again open to offers if anyone's interested!)

7. MX5 offside rear brake caliper. Never used, excellent condition. Bought in error. Not an OEM part - its one of the budget ones you'll find on eBay. £45 delivered.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

pekwah1

posted on 12/10/12 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
have you got any more pics of the slug?
After how it bolts onto the existing column...

CHeers,
andy

JekRankin

posted on 12/10/12 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Andy, I've never actually fitted it. I bought it used in the hope it might also fit the Sierra column, but the end fitting is I believe only suitable for later FWD Fords; it was sold to me as being suitable for fitment to a Fiesta.

Here's a photo showing the Fiesta column next to a Capri one (which looks identical to a Sierra one).

JekRankin

posted on 15/10/12 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Cheeky wee bump before this all goes on ebay!
pekwah1

posted on 15/10/12 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mate,

sorry forgot about this, don't think it'll fit on my column.
Thanks anyway and good luck with the sales!

hemibum

posted on 21/11/12 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
I know that this post relates to a long listed advert, however, I did text you on the possibility of purchasing a bonnet from you. Unfortunately this was during a period when Locost refused to accept my forum membership due to a change of e mail address. Anyway, if you still are trying to sell off the Fury bonnets then I am still interested.

Thanks Barry Taylor

JekRankin

posted on 22/11/12 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Barry,

Thanks for the interest. Sorry I didn't reply to your first message, it didn't reach me unfortunately.

I've had interest in the shell but it is still for sale. Ideally, I'd prefer to sell the parts as a complete set - I think that once I sell the bonnet, I'll have a more difficult time selling the sidepods and main tub. Drop me a U2U if you'd like more info - I'm looking for around £800 for the complete set.

Jek

hemibum

posted on 22/11/12 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Jek,

Thanks for the reply. Given your previous posts on trying to get bodywork to fit, I really need to ascertain one meaurement :
Our existing bonnet measured just under 25" from the rear scuttle to the start of the wheelarch. Anything wildly variable from this would negate any deal we may have. We can't go changing the chassis to fit the bonnet, and, trying to fit a tub to the existing rear section to match up a bonnet wouldn't really be feasible.

Perhaps you may like to tell me who made the body sections you have. I'td be better for us both if I could purchase your parts but if the 25" requirement can't be met then I probably need to talk with the guy making the new sections and get them made to size.

Our bonnet was already prettily heavily repaired when we bought the car, and was on the list of things to do last winter. However, on the last sprint meeting of the year I managed to stuff it into the tyre barriers creating a 3 piece bonnet!

Good luck with your project.

Barry

Pedro

posted on 13/1/13 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Bonnet

Hello there is the bonnet still available? If not does anyone know where I can get one! Thanks in advance.
JekRankin

posted on 13/1/13 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Pedro,

Thanks for your enquiry, but I'm afraid the bodywork is now sold. Might be worth asking on the JPSC or RGB message boards to see if anyone else has one available.

Good luck with the search,
Jek

Pedro

posted on 13/1/13 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Ok great thanks very much for the info, wow can't believe how hard it is to find any kind of body work for these cars!
Slimy38

posted on 13/1/13 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Is the Cyana body any good for you;

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=169838&page=1

Furyous

posted on 13/1/13 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pedro
Ok great thanks very much for the info, wow can't believe how hard it is to find any kind of body work for these cars!

Have you tried asking Steve Hughes at Fury Sports Cars? Or are you specifically after used parts?

Pedro

posted on 13/1/13 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
No not nessasarilly used, just thought if there was a bonnet for sale it would be cheaper than a new one. Will give him a call aswell.
loggyboy

posted on 14/1/13 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
What engine are the spark plugs for?

Mistral Motorsport

JekRankin

posted on 14/1/13 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Loggyboy,

The spark plugs are for a Honda 2.0l K20 Type R engine.

Cheers,
Jek

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.