Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Caravan wanted (to borrow/rent)
ChrisW

posted on 4/1/14 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Caravan wanted (to borrow/rent)

I need the use of a caravan in August/September of this year. Yes I know, planning ahead!

Provision dates are 25th August to 5th September but we are waiting for confirmation on this.

It is for an event in Milton Keynes where I am on the organisation team so it will be statically set up ie I won't be putting loads of miles on it. I will likely end up spending at least 5-6 nights there, likely more, but it will also serve as somewhere to keep my belongings safe and dry in the case of bad weather the rest of the time. I'll likely have a laptop and other expensive kit with me so I need something a bit more secure than a tent. Also having my own toilet and shower is going to be a bonus!

It will be single occupancy only, no parties or loads of people coming in and out. (However bigger is always better)

There will be people on the site 24/7 so no security worries.

I will have it fully cleaned inside and out after the event.

I have a Range Rover to tow it with so will collect and deliver back.

I know I can hire one from all sorts of places but would far rather do a deal with someone from here!

Cheers, Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JohnH

posted on 4/1/14 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
I can sell you mine. 8 meter twin axle, 6 berth Bailey Senator Carolina. It has triple fixed bunk beds. 2009/2010 model. Comes with all the gear, plus porch awning and full awning. All yours for £11,750.00.
Andybarbet

posted on 4/1/14 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
We are planning on selling our large 2 berth caravan for £600 in the spring but if we decide to keep it, im sure you could borrow it.

In north herts so probably not too far away if your heading for milton keynes.

If nothing else turns up for you then I will keep in touch.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

ChrisW

posted on 4/1/14 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks chaps. It's a rental I want really - I've never had a use for a caravan in the last 33 years so I doubt I will have another one any time soon.

So really just someone who has one, isn't using it that week, and fancies a little extra cash.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon

posted on 4/1/14 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget you'll need to get caravan/trailer etc insurance as your car insurance won't cover damage caused by caravan.

Cheers

ATB

Simon

owelly

posted on 5/1/14 at 12:40 AM Reply With Quote
Normal car insurance does cover third parties if you're towing a trailer/caravan. It won't cover the van itself.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

ChrisW

posted on 5/1/14 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Normal car insurance does cover third parties if you're towing a trailer/caravan. It won't cover the van itself.

That's what I believe to be the case too, Owelly. Same when I'm pulling other trailers - the trailer and contents aren't covered but any third party damage caused by them is.

Chris

My gaff my rules

Simon

posted on 5/1/14 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly

Correct ! That's what I meant to say, but had brain fade following a run/walk

ATB

Simon

ChrisW

posted on 7/7/14 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
Bump for this request!

Required 26th August to 5th September. Fair price paid and will collected and returned to you. I will also have it fully cleaned afterwards.

Anyone help?

Chris

My gaff my rules

ChrisW

posted on 14/7/14 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Nobody wants to make a bit of pocket money renting out their caravan? I'm surprised, thought I would have had a few offers!

My gaff my rules

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.