Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tour De France (Cambridge to London)
Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 941
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 7/7/14 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
Tour De France (Cambridge to London)

The TDF came right through our village today - stood around all morning to watch the carnival and 15 seconds of pellaton to whizz past.
Waved like a lemon at the television helicopters - told the kids they would be on TV.
Rushed back home to wind back the sky plus, and would you believe it - they bloody cut to an advert break just as the pack entered our village.
How's your luck !

rusty nuts

posted on 7/7/14 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Watched it go throughout village, Great Shelford, as you say it only took a few seconds to pass. Hate to think how much it has cost local business 's .I had to take the day off due to road closures A1301 and B 185 from Cambridge to a Saffron Walden,even if I had got to work we wouldn't have any deliveries
JoelP

posted on 7/7/14 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
I was pissed off that I couldn't get to work on Saturday, and was bored crapless waiting for it to go by, but it was quite enjoyable once I got into the mood.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

snapper

posted on 7/7/14 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
I got into work easily (Wethersfield) by the back passage pick up pool car and left before it went through
Now sitting in a pub in Portland ( Chesil beach) waiting for scollops

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

posted on 7/7/14 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
I got into work easily (Wethersfield) by the back passage pick up pool car and left before it went through
Now sitting in a pub in Portland ( Chesil beach) waiting for scollops

Mmmm. I have heard of the "Wethersfield back passage" before.

Myself, I had my 1 second of fame, clad in lycra, and standing on the hill out of Gt Sampford.

Steady on. Don't all rush to rewind the hard drive.

Paul G

David Jenkins

posted on 7/7/14 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 907
[Myself, I had my 1 second of fame, clad in lycra, and standing on the hill out of Gt Sampford.

Actually Paul, that's not an image I want in my mind!

posted on 7/7/14 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Some of the riders do go overboard with their drinks bottles.

TdeF
TdeF

morcus

posted on 8/7/14 at 01:08 AM Reply With Quote
I saw it in Ashford a few years ago and thought it was amazing to actually see in person.

My workplace had to shut for about an hour due to road closures if I recall but despite this made an absolute killing that day as loads of people were already out and came in for food.

It's much better when they close the roads. When I lived in Kent you'd frequently find cycle races being held on open public roads so you get stuck behind them but also have them doing dangerous things like overtaking into on coming traffic, or passing a moving car on the inside.

Would love to have gone up to Yorkshire and seen it on hills, I imagine that makes things much more interesting.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Agriv8

posted on 8/7/14 at 06:40 AM Reply With Quote
It came through the next village door TWICE which must be something of a rarity ( the one I grew up in !) Addingham.

We made onto the TV on the second visit ! 5 VIP helicopter landing on the local Footy field was a sight ( especially the one that got caught by a gust of wind ! All the people camping have gone home and I can get back into my local ale house without it being 10 deep at the Bar. Cars did not move all weekend and cycled everywhere.

A credit to all those involved up north as it was a fantastic couple of days .

anybody notice the Fog lights on either side of the bike carrying cars going on and off what's all that about

ATB Agriv8

[Edited on 8/7/14 by Agriv8]

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.