Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Raw Striker - Progress Diary
DapperRob

posted on 29/7/15 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Raw Striker - Progress Diary

Further to this thread I thought I'd just use a neater as-I-go-along diary.

First order of the last 2 days has been to employ the fiancée to help clean it after a 1,400m (in a week!) round trip of the Outer Hebrides & Cairngorms. Also swapped the full-size windscreen for the stumpy aero one. Can anyone recommend me some suitable eye protection? I'm not vain, but my DeWalt protective glasses aren't the prettiest of things to drive in.

Having realised that 2 rear view mirrors (1 obscured my luggage) + 1 screw-on side mirror which flapped in the wind were useless, I bought & fitted some slightly-more-functional long-arm ones. Undecided on the carbon...maybe should have gone for black. Either way, they are a lot more useful now. Aren't positioned ideally, but the way the Striker 'door' swings open means I'm limited in options.

Also 'acquired' this whilst on my last business trip. Does what is says on the tin.

In the last thread one repeating comment was re the wiring loom, so today un-cable tied as much as I could, wrapped it all up in fabric loom tape and retied the entire lot. Very satisfying. Annoyingly there are a few lengths between the ECU / battery / pedal box which I can't get to without taking eeevveerryytthhiinnnggg apart.

Oh, and I straigthened out all of the jubilee clips too, 'cos I'm anal like that

jeffw

posted on 29/7/15 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Looks nice

sdh2903

posted on 29/7/15 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Not clever stealing mandatory aircraft placards
adithorp

posted on 29/7/15 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
How was the trip and how bad were the midges?

For glasses there's Oakleys, etc but you pay a premium on them. THESE are a lot cheaper and the quality is pretty good; 3 sets of lenses, removable foam rim to keep the wind out and interchangable arms/strap.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

peter030371

posted on 29/7/15 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Looking good. Loom is neat and you are not the only one that lines all the clips up!
Dopdog

posted on 29/7/15 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
I like the divida goggles myself
DRM Black7

posted on 29/7/15 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Looks very smart, always loved Stikers.
I've not been in the Kitcar scene for prob 10 years just looked up Raw and Omg! what have they done to the scuttle spoilt a classic

DapperRob

posted on 29/7/15 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
How was the trip and how bad were the midges?

For glasses there's Oakleys, etc but you pay a premium on them. THESE are a lot cheaper and the quality is pretty good; 3 sets of lenses, removable foam rim to keep the wind out and interchangable arms/strap.

Trip was great on the way up; return leg from Stornoway was horrendously wet. Water inside the windscreen (as well as in my pants) and fat raindrops hitting my eye meant we had to stop a couple of time... no midges, fortunately.

Those ballistic ones looks good - thanks for the tip.

bi22le

posted on 29/7/15 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
I have a set of them for summer driving, they are what you need.

Ear hooks (sunglasses) and a head band that is interchangeable. Also the lenses are not bad, I doubt you will use anything other than the black ones though.

On a separate note, what uprights do you have? Your front wishbones look different to mine and you have a strange fixing that is obscured by the wheel. Any back of wheel pics?

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

ravingfool

posted on 29/7/15 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Just pick up some cycling glasses, you want something that wraps around well and obviously cycling glasses are designed to do just that on a bike.

I've got a few pairs and use orange lenses in dusk/low light.

Dopdog

posted on 30/7/15 at 05:46 AM Reply With Quote
I just noticed your windscreen wipers are still fitted
peter030371

posted on 30/7/15 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DRM Black7
Looks very smart, always loved Stikers.
I've not been in the Kitcar scene for prob 10 years just looked up Raw and Omg! what have they done to the scuttle spoilt a classic

They still supply the 'classic' shape Striker as well as the revised scuttle version

adithorp

posted on 30/7/15 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le

On a separate note, what uprights do you have? Your front wishbones look different to mine and you have a strange fixing that is obscured by the wheel. Any back of wheel pics?

Is that just an unusual mudguard bracket?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

DapperRob

posted on 30/7/15 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le

Is that just an unusual mudguard bracket?

Good question... will get you a pic. Standard AFAIK.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.