Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ebay pickle
Benzine

posted on 29/11/22 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay pickle

Hi all,

Recently sold a TV on ebay. Sold and sent it off in good time with Yodel. It was on it's way then no updates for weeks. Sent tracking to buyer but they put in a refund request. EBay sides with them. Tv arrives at the buyer's house weeks late (I can see on the tracking).

I can't see any options of getting anything back/appealing etc? Ebay contact just seems to be links to articles etc. Anyone been in a similar situation?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 29/11/22 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
Is this the article you have seen?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/appealing-decision-seller?id=4369

Mistral Motorsport

gremlin1234

posted on 29/11/22 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
could you not claim from yodel?
Benzine

posted on 29/11/22 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks loggyboy that's great.

Yes I've tried yodel and it's an ongoing festival of disaster

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Benzine

posted on 29/11/22 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks again loggyboy. Ebay have called me and are going to phone me again tomorrow, hopefully with a good outcome
Sanzomat

posted on 29/11/22 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
I hope you get it sorted. It can be a nightmare when things go wrong with deliveries. I've been on both sides.

Once an item I'd sent arrived damaged - Royal Mail delivered it by chucking it over the garden gate (locked according to the buyer) at midday while the guy was at work till 6pm. As well as the damage from being lobbed it rained all afternoon so when the buyer found it it was broken and soaked through. I had to give a full refund and claim from Royal Mail. They coughed up but only for £20 as that was the max on the service I'd bought. Lesson learned. item sold for £50. At least ebay didn't charge the seller fee as a full refund was given.

Another time as a buyer, the item I bought never arrived. After the required period I started an "item not received" claim with Ebay. They came back and said the seller had tracking that showed it as delivered (although I'd never been given a tracking number) so they refused the claim and closed the case. I eventually managed to speak to someone at ebay and they said the tracking showed it as delivered so my problem. They said to check with neighbours and in any likely hiding spots in case the postie had left it there but nothing doing. They at least gave me the tracking number and said I had to take it up with Royal Mail myself. Eventually, after 5 calls, they emailed me a scan of their record of delivery. This showed they'd delivered it to the right house number/street but in a different town!! When I pointed this out they agreed they hadn't delivered it correctly but they couldn't reimburse me as the seller was their customer. They did send me a letter acknowledging their mistake though. With that I was able to get Ebay to re-open the case and they did refund me but the seller was pi**ed off.

Benzine

posted on 4/1/23 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay have been useless.

Basically they can see it arrived. They asked me to contact the buyer and said they would too. All they do is send a message asking then to contact the seller so they can offer item return or payment. They haven't done, and when I asked them if it has arrived yet they've denied it.

After hours and hours on yodel webchat I finally got proof of signature including a scan of the signature. Looks like initials HTL. Sent to buyer, denies it and says yodel need to confirm which house it was delivered to.

I asked Ebay if people can just deny things have arrived and keep them and the refund scott free? "We record all data so if they do it again it will go against them"

So basically it's two fingers up to me. Buyer gets a free TV.

loggyboy

posted on 5/1/23 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Send the boys round.

Mistral Motorsport

JoelP

posted on 5/1/23 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
Tell them you're going to put their address on the Internet and they can expect a TV every week. Through their front window.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

coyoteboy

posted on 5/1/23 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
Your contract is with Yodel. If they cannot prove delivery to the correct address and the recipient says they didn't get it, Yodel have to refund. Whether that's true or not is up to Yodel to figure out, not you. The yodel PoD should be enough to reverse the ebay decision for your side, and I'd be threatening legal action if the didn't.

[Edited on 5/1/23 by coyoteboy]

Mr Whippy

posted on 6/1/23 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
Your contract is with Yodel. If they cannot prove delivery to the correct address and the recipient says they didn't get it, Yodel have to refund. Whether that's true or not is up to Yodel to figure out, not you. The yodel PoD should be enough to reverse the ebay decision for your side, and I'd be threatening legal action if the didn't.

totally agree

cliftyhanger

posted on 6/1/23 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy

totally agree

Absolutely!

What I don't get at all is that delivery companies can fail to provide the service you have paid for, and they accept no responsibility. Even with insurance they are incredibly slippery.
I will be honest, the only delivery company I have managed to get any compensation from because they lost something is RM. Hermes delivered a lost parcel to the wrong address, because they managed to damage the address label and found an address on a bit of reused packaging inside (crossed out!) and yet when quizzed, they refused to get it back from the wrong address, wouldn't let me have teh address for GDPR reasons, and all along they KNEW the parcel identity and therefore where it was booked for delivery. And no compensation. A solicitor friend advised me to write it off, and try not to get stressed about it. Easy to say!

SteveWalker

posted on 6/1/23 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
In the week before Christmas, I returned home from work and found five parcels in my driveway - all addressed to different people. I did not want people to be without things that they had probably ordered as presents and there is no way of contacting Evri without a tracking number, so I drove round delivering four of them. Recipients told me that they'd already received texts/emails showing successful delivery and photos of other people's front doors (not even mine where the parcels were dumped!)

The fifth parcel was for another town, so I visited the nearest Evri parcelshop (in a convenience store) and happened to find a driver there collecting parcels, so he scanned that one back into the system and collected it for delivery.

BenB

posted on 7/1/23 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
That's very good of you, I suspect many people would just reckon Christmas had come early and kept them.
SteveWalker

posted on 7/1/23 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
I did consider it

I couldn't leave people without presents to give for Christmas though.

trextr7monkey

posted on 12/1/23 at 01:39 AM Reply With Quote
I had an old engineers wooden tool chest that I’d bought and organised a courier to bring (fully insured) which turned up damaged. Initial response of courier was to reject it as it was “ furniture”
I kicked off pointing out that the clue was in the name and no way would you put it in your nice clean house they reopened the case and paid up! I have stuck with them on the devil you know basis.
They also paid up for a cast iron mitre guillotine that arrived with a lug broken off so not all bad

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

Benzine

posted on 16/1/23 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Both ebay and yodel keep fobbing me off, always telling me that someone will be back in touch in x days which never happens, repeat.

A guy who uses ebay to buy vape refills and sex toys (found through his feedback) gets ebay's support and a free TV. Member of 20 years with 600+ 100% positive feedback? Screw you. Mind you, I'm still bitter that, as a seller, I can't leave negatives and that happened ages ago.

loggyboy

posted on 16/1/23 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
What area of country is it?

Mistral Motorsport

Benzine

posted on 26/1/23 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
It's taken months but I'm finally getting a refund from Yodel through a claim on their website. Whether the TV arrived and Yodel are just fed up with me I'll never know! No explanation from them, just a monetary offer which covers the TV and postage.

Good result but very poor response from ebay. Pulled all my listings, I may just keep my account for buying only or get rid of it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.