Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: electrical queries on other fora
gremlin1234

posted on 24/2/24 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
electrical queries on other fora

on another forum, I see posts asking things like:
I want to fit a reversing camera, what is the colour of the wire for the reversing light?

how can I politely answer?
I want to say, if you cant figure that out you really must not go near car electrics.

Slimy38

posted on 24/2/24 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
I suppose you could suggest that getting it wrong could be an expensive repair bill, and that the wiring diagrams can be challenging to obtain and understand?

Or you could sit back, be quiet and wait for the follow up 'I have blown my car electrics, anyone know a good auto electrician'?

nick205

posted on 25/2/24 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Sit back and watch (leave the to it).
ReMan

posted on 26/2/24 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Sit back and watch (leave the to it).

I have to do this so much on forums where I have some skill/qualification/experience, that you would spend your whole life pitting everybody right, or arguing with those who think that they are qualified to ads when they are not

This is the danger and downside of social media sites and experts, where as mentioned above, the OP should not be any where near Electricity/Car brakes/plumbing/etc delete insert as appropriate, but worse that this, the answers are also provided by people who eg had a problem with a wire before and fixed it by doing something or other and are now the expert on all electrical issues and then who provide compelling possibly even more dangerous advice to to a floundering individual, that then follows said bad advice and the situation escalated

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

coyoteboy

posted on 28/2/24 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Congratulate them for taking the initiative of stopping and asking the question, then point them to the wiring diagram, or tell them to remove the light unit and check the colour. But also take note that often the same colour is used in loads of places in a car, and if they're interrupting the harness away from the light, they might want a check that it's the blue on in the bundle near the back arch, not the blue one under the drivers seat.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.