Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS fibreglass bodywork
planetester

posted on 12/2/05 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
GTS fibreglass bodywork

Because I’ve bought a Stuart Taylor chassis, I believed that I would be stuck with buying his coilovers & bodywork, having read all the threads on coilovers & bodywork I have decided I can definitely use GTS coilovers & may be able to use GTS bodywork, the only problem I can see is that the ST chassis differs from the book at the front of the rear wings & does not have the curved strip from the bottom of the roll bar to the upper chassis rail & that this portion is built into the ST wings,

can anyone tell me if they have fitted GTS rear wings onto an ST chassis & what they did in this area, thanks all

Avoneer

posted on 13/2/05 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,
Sorry, can't help you with the question, but can you post a pic of the rear arches as I may buy some ST rear arches to save me adding that curved bar.
Cheers,
Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
planetester

posted on 13/2/05 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
If you go to the Stuart Taylor website & look at the image gallery you will see what I mean
undecided

posted on 19/2/05 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
I think if you bought the GTS back panel it makes provision for that gap you mention around the area where the wing meets the car sides.
planetester

posted on 13/3/05 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
bringing post back to the top in the hope that darren reads it
Ian Pearson

posted on 14/3/05 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

bringing post back to the top in the hope that darren reads it

Give Darren a ring, best way to get an answer to your question.

dozracing

posted on 16/3/05 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
It'll fit the ST chassis, as will the shocks (out of stock) but the back panel will help you as you won't then need to worry about making the curved sections or the aluminium back panel.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.