Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS at Detling
dozracing

posted on 5/4/05 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
GTS at Detling

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who came and said hi, and lent a hand in removing the car from the chassis stands at the weekend. Hopefully the Belgian chocolate biscuit were reward enough.

Its probably been my favourite show that i have attended, and i surprised myself how quickly we managed to assemble the kit. I'm also really pleased with how the car looks now, much better in black than the old red colour, and i'm looking forward to the trackday!

Drove the Challenger on Sunday afternoon and wow what an experience. 140+ bhp through 427kgs is just outstanding. I know the styling is not everyones cup of tea, but by the looks on peoples faces as we drove by, those that like it certainly fall in love with it pretty quickly. Tempted to build myself one as a day to day car, it was that much fun.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 5/4/05 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Darren you are one jammy bugger
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Triton

posted on 5/4/05 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Where is the track day by the way.....Silverstone, Mallory, Donington aint too far from me ....hint hint
James

posted on 6/4/05 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
Can be a bugger to get those Challengers to start though!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Deckman001

posted on 6/4/05 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
I've heard it once, thought i'd died and gone to heaven !!

Jason

dozracing

posted on 6/4/05 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Helps when you have the key!

But who needs a key when you have the criminal minds of Ben and James on hand!

Where did you learn so much about hot wiring cars James?

[Edited on 6/4/05 by dozracing]

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Deckman001

posted on 6/4/05 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
He lives in Guildford remember !!

Jason

dozracing

posted on 6/4/05 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
Used to hot wiring Ferraris and stuff no doubt..

Whats this i hear that Ned is opposing the fox hunting ban in Guildford?

Deckman001

posted on 6/4/05 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
I havn't met his missus, maybe he thinks she's a 'fox'

Jason

dozracing

posted on 6/4/05 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
its got something to do with Neds new boy racers vehicle, and a one man mission to obliterate all wildlife it comes across. Seems he then likes to carry the carcass around as some sort of trophy!

Maybe we should all chip in and get him a hunting horn.....

Deckman001

posted on 6/4/05 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
D'oh, forgot that one, lucky really , he could have been had up on a murder charge other wise !!

Jason

ned

posted on 6/4/05 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
yep, she is a fox, and yes i am pro fox hunting.

what i just can't imagine is the looks on all the students faces that were out in guildford on a friday night as I drove round the one way system and down walnut tree close by the station with a fox hanging off the front of the car

i still haven't pulled the towing eye that it impaled itself on straight

no wonder it made clonk at 80mph mid corner

Ned

ps i managed to slow down and miss a badger at 12.30am the other night

[Edited on 6/4/05 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

bob

posted on 6/4/05 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
FOX

Are you sure you spelt that right

LOL

ned

posted on 6/4/05 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Bob,

remind me who wears the trousers in your house?

NEd.

beware, I've got yellow skin

James

posted on 6/4/05 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dozracing
Helps when you have the key!

But who needs a key when you have the criminal minds of Ben and James on hand!

Where did you learn so much about hot wiring cars James?

Well you know how it is, livin' on d' mean streets!
Da Ghetto dat is Gilfud is a hard place! You have t' learn d' skilz to survive!

Did you get that Zetec running in the end? Had a drive yet?

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Triton

posted on 6/4/05 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Darren, Good luck Friday....hope it's a dry day so he gets a good scare..
dozracing

posted on 6/4/05 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Car runs well now thanks. In fanny-ing around with the electrics i managed to slightly pull out the ignition plug to the ECU, and hence no sparks.

5 mins back at the workshop and it was running a treat, which is a damn shame.

Total Kit Car are coming to have a play in the Challenger on Friday, so look out for the review.

Kind regards,
Darren

Triton

posted on 6/4/05 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
ummmmmmm i wonder if i hung about down there i could blag a go
chaos999

posted on 7/4/05 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
So that'll be my car then :-)

I am sorting out a test day at Llandow, South Wales for 21 or 22 April, MSA licenses might be needed as it's a turn up and test day affair so who knows who'll be there.

This is a shakedown for my entry in a round of the French National Hillclimb Championship 14/15 May (3km strret course), quite fast so I'll be on the rev limit in 6th for a lot of it :-)) So, test session is to see what happens near and on the limit with her, dial in a little more front brake and generally see how she goes.

Need to sort out some vents on bonnet to stop it flapping!

Simon

chaos999

posted on 7/4/05 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
Will it fit on a Minnow

Hmm,

Have Brian James Minnow trailer that accepts 5ft5in wide (assume this is track). The Challenger track is obviously less than this but the body (front) Is bigger by an inch I think. Also the trailer length (internal length where a car can stand) is shorter than the length of the CHallenger by a foot or more :-))

So I suppose push forward a little so that body (nose) is past edge of trailer and that the rear will also overhang. Can't be much weight at various places on trailer as the car is under 500kg..

Simon

Triton

posted on 7/4/05 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
It will fit.....just close yer eyes first!
Is the engine bay floor skin creating lift do you think ? Duct it out? Or am i just talking crap as usuall.......Mark

chaos999

posted on 7/4/05 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Don't know

Well, bonnet held in centre and sides near scuttle (bulkhead) and it seems to be getting a lot of air trapped and escapes along the top bonnet shut line which places a lot of force on the top dzuz fastner, you can see it bulging to let air out.

Think it needs exit vents on sides to compensate or something??

Simon

Triton

posted on 8/4/05 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
Ummm could it be 'cos muppet here opened up the vents in the bulge on the bonnet causing it to lift?......Block up front one then see what happens.
Mark

chaos999

posted on 8/4/05 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, I might try that one and see what happens.

Simon

Triton

posted on 12/4/05 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Simon,
Have you had chance to block the bonnet vent up to see how that worked?......Still going to Wales?.....Not been to Llandow since ooooo 1978/9.
Mark

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.