Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Weekend away, Where ??Wife & Me
Andybarbet

posted on 16/5/05 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
Weekend away, Where ??Wife & Me

Right, i need some help, my wife and I would like to go away for the weekend in the next month or so, without the kids and preferably somewhere cheapish.

We dont mind camping, b+b, hotels, would be nice if it was somewhere with a swimming pool but not too important if not, as long as it has a pub/bar close by !
Even a short break on a small canal boat would be nice.

Anyone got any bright ideas ?? A nice b+b theyve been to with some interesting local sites ?? Thought about Centre parcs, spa breaks etc but thought i'de pick your brains too.
What do ya think ?

Cheers....Andy

[Edited on 16/5/05 by Andybarbet]

simonH

posted on 16/5/05 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
Camping ?

if you like camping this is a great site Campsite close to a great beach bar on site . good clean facilites and a good price. chip shop in town is very good

[Edited on 16/5/05 by simonH]

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

lewis635

posted on 16/5/05 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Try Edinburgh, Great pubs and atmosphere. some fantastic restaurants and if you look on Laterooms.com you will get a cracking deal on hotel rooms

Scotty

posted on 16/5/05 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
might be worth avoiding cornwall - the emmets are gathering!!
and not to mention the caravans - aargh!

PLEASE NOTE! All comments made by this person are to be considered "Tongue in Cheek" and are not meant to be taken seriously in any way - so there!

DarrenW

posted on 16/5/05 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
What about Prague. Flights can be had reasonably and accomodation is good and cheap. I went for stag weekend, obviously had good time but wouldnt hesitate on taking Wife for more civilised weekend away. Very nice and highly recommended. The extra you spend getting there will be recouped due to cheaper food and beer.

Jasper

posted on 16/5/05 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Chateau in France

Just stayed in this place over the weekend - bloody loverly and at £70 for the night for two with breakfast, not bad money. Just 1 hour drive from Calais, and loads of interesting WW1 and WW2 stuff nearby, including excellent Nazi V2 rocket silo's!

Here's the link:

http://www.cuvelier.com/

And here's the room we stayed in - the missus will love it. Rescued attachment topaze_ch1.jpg
Rescued attachment topaze_ch1.jpg

stephen_gusterson

posted on 16/5/05 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
have you thought about a hotel like travel inn? less than 50 quid a night....

http://www.travelinn.co.uk

some of the holiday camps do off peak weekends..... a few years back i stayed for a week at a really crappy dilapidated pointins for 60 quid.

ebay sometimes has deals going......

what about a caravan holiday at haven holidays?

atb

steve

posted on 16/5/05 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
ANTWERP,best beer in the world-more pubs and restaurants than you can imagine-excelent musea-usually lousy weather-road working all the time-traffic jams-expencive hotels (with a few excemptions)diamonds-jewelry-fashion etc....Nah better stay home
Danozeman

posted on 16/5/05 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Travel inns/lodges are good. Me and me wife often stay in them cos u know what your gonna get & pub next to it for beer and breakfast then just go out wherever u want. Theres always one near where u want to go...

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

James

posted on 17/5/05 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
Lastminute.com!

Need I say more?

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Marcus

posted on 17/5/05 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Newark Kit Car Show, June 18/19. Camp for weekend. Usually live band on in the eve.

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.