Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Who's building the MK mini?
Northy

posted on 1/9/05 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Who's building the MK mini?

Does anyone know the guy who's building the MK mini? I hear its nearly finished and I would like some information and pictures!

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
carlgeldard

posted on 1/9/05 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Whats an MK Mini !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carl

Northy

posted on 1/9/05 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
A bike engined mini, like the Zcars one. I've been givern permission for my next project

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
carlgeldard

posted on 1/9/05 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Build a Bedford Rascal van with an R1 engine. that would be fun.

tony9876

posted on 1/9/05 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Northy, Have you spoke to Mk about it mate.
Benzine

posted on 1/9/05 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carlgeldard
Build a Bedford Rascal van with an R1 engine. that would be fun.

Hehe, I saw one in the scrappies the other week. For some reason I used to love Rascals when I was younger and I thought it would be cool to put a massive engine in one

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

donut

posted on 1/9/05 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
I think it was Martin Keenan who did the chassis. Best give him a bell.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

uklee70

posted on 1/9/05 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
MK are building my car this is similar to the mini

Pics in achive

I also had a Z cars mini

Can I help

Lee

Northy

posted on 1/9/05 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Lee,

What is that you are building?
What did you think to your Zcars mini?
Have you seen the MK mini conversion, is it similar to your car?

Cheers

Graham

ChrisBradley04

posted on 1/9/05 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Graham,
Drop me an email if you would like to discuss.
Regards
Chris

Peteff

posted on 1/9/05 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Build a Bedford Rascal van with an R1 engine

Been done, there was one in Ripley at Anchor supplies earlier this year. It might not have been the Bedford but it was a Noddy van of some description.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Peteff

posted on 1/9/05 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Build a Bedford Rascal van with an R1 engine

Been done, there was one in Ripley at Anchor supplies earlier this year. It might not have been the Bedford but it was a Noddy van of some description.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

scoobyis2cool

posted on 1/9/05 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff

We heard you the first time! Sorry, someone had to do it...

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

Triton

posted on 2/9/05 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
This little beut is the UltiMini........ Rescued attachment space framed mini maguire.jpg
Rescued attachment space framed mini maguire.jpg

donut

posted on 2/9/05 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
uklee70

Just been looking at your archive........

I take my hat off to you as that is going to be one fast Fiat!!

BTW i loved your Z cars mini. I bought the DVD where Bill Sollis drives the car and said it was the most f****** amazing thing he has ever driven or sommat like that, coming from a racing driver that must have felt good.

Keep us updated with the Fiat.....you mad mad mad fool !!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

uklee70

posted on 2/9/05 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
The mini was great !!!

I sold it because it was going to cost money every year just keep on top of the rust!!!

I like the mone carlo Z cars mini but it's not going to be cheap the one on the site the first one has a lot of money in it 20k plus.

The mini I had was the best part of 13k

The trick is with z cars don't be the first !!!
the mini kits are much better now and won't cost as much

The latest project I took to Martin because he was excited about it and after one phone call I knew Martin was the right person

The back end of my car is I think similar to the mini

I have always liked Martins engineering and the GT chassis is excellent my car will be the GT's very little brother!!!

Z cars have moved on a little are growing very rapidly(Good Luck to them) and with all of there own ideas they are not to keen on the smaller stuff and although I would like a twin bike engine turbo ulitma My budget won't allow it

I think the Z cars mini is good but a little heavy mine was 575KG

The thing to do is look for a GRP mini FRA have been mentioned as a good shell and quite reasonable £1200 the get MK to do the chassis and then you will have a monster of a car!!!

Sorry the only problem with the mini is it was F@#@#@ loud inside and tough to get fresh air to the carbs

And as for the DVD yes I was chuffed to bits with what Bill said he is a great bloke

I hope this helps Lee

donut

posted on 2/9/05 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Well i'll be busy with my Indy for a few years so the mini project will be way down the line if i do go ahead with it. I love mini's and have had 10 in my life and all have been under powered. I would love a mid engined mini using a torquey 2 litre Zetec with huge wide wheels like the monte carlo jobby.

One day....one day.

Andy

Mave

posted on 2/9/05 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Me too, me too. I haven't finished my Indy yet, but am already looking forward to a new project. A mid-engined Mini might just be what I want, and I've been investigating the possiblities for some time now.
I also contacted FRA but he told me they're no longer making the GRP Mini-shells. Bummer.......as I like the classic look it has.

Triton

posted on 2/9/05 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Ken at Milestone Motorsport will sell you a fibreglass Mini shell......It's a Mk1 shell.........Don't bother with Rally Sport Replicas as gone bust

www.milestonemotorsport.co.uk

Cheers
Mark

dave1888

posted on 2/9/05 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Dont buy a Rascal buy my Hi Jet and put a R1 engine init
Dreckly

posted on 2/9/05 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Chaps,

I can supply light-weight racing GRP UltiMini silhouette bodies from stock if you are interested. Arches will cover up to 9" wide x 13" front wheels and up to 13" wide x 13" rears. Available with a choice of fronts. For more details please e-mail me direct at info@ultimini.co.uk.

Regards,
Ken.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.