Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Suspension Set-up Course - Scotland
tadltd

posted on 23/11/06 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Suspension Set-up Course - Scotland

I've just had funding approved for developing a brand new course that will teach and demonstrate the fundamentals of suspension set-up.

The course will be held at Bell College (in Hamilton) between April and July 2007 (and on-going annually after that) and will include classroom theory, and practical sessions in both the workshop and on-track (with a pro driver).

Costs for the course will be less than £200.

If any of you are interested in signing-up o rif you know of someone that would be interested, please drop me a PM or an e-mail to: steven@turner-auto-design.com or s.turner@bell.ac.uk

The course can (and will) be developed into something more advanced as it progresses, but for now it will concentrate on explaining the basics of suspension design (classroom), how to set-up suspension (workshop), and the effects of changes to set-up (track sessions).

The college will provide the equipment (corner weights, set-up table, etc.) and labour at the workshops and track-sessions.

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phoenix70

posted on 23/11/06 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a great idea (could even get my car setup) But like a lot of people, a full time job gets in the way, unless its an evening class
chris_harris_

posted on 23/11/06 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
That would be a top course, but it may just be a bit far for me to go, however when it develops into a national course then i'm in!!
Hope it works out!!

Regards Chris

ecosse

posted on 23/11/06 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh, might be interested in that, some more details would be nice though?

Cheers

Alex

les

posted on 24/11/06 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
hi,

i would be very interested, as posted its a long way to go!

les

Rich_T

posted on 24/11/06 at 12:17 AM Reply With Quote
Im interested.
Rich

goodguydrew

posted on 24/11/06 at 12:29 AM Reply With Quote
Hmm interesting, I live about 2 miles from there...
tadltd

posted on 27/11/06 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
It looks like this course is going to be held in the evenings, arpund 7.00 - 7.30pm start. For those that live further afield there's also the possibility of a pod-cast, and we are looking at taking it to the Aberdeenshire area for some concentrated evenings (e.g. 6-9pm).

Please e-mail me if you haven't already done so so that I can get a better idea of numbers - I've got so many PM's on this and other forums that I'm losing track! :S

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tadltd

posted on 5/2/07 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Trying to finalise some dates now;

I've pencilled in the start at 25th April, to run for 8 weeks until the 13th June 2007. Start time 7.00pm for at least an hour; workshop's will undoubtedly be longer (up to 2hrs).

How does this sound?

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

greggors84

posted on 5/2/07 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Would be interested in the Podcast!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

andyps

posted on 6/2/07 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hope it's a video podcast! Alternatively, does anyone have a Veyron I can borrow so I get there for 7pm

Seriously though - sounds like a great course which I would definitely attend if I lived closer.

[Edited on 6/2/07 by andyps]

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

tadltd

posted on 23/2/07 at 12:47 AM Reply With Quote
Course will start on the 23rd May 2007 (Wednesday) at 7.00pm 'til 9.00pm for 4 weeks.

We will be taking initial registrations at the Scottish Motorsport Show this weekend.

Cost will normally be £199.00 (yeah, I know - we scraped under £200!), but if you register at the show it'll be £184.00.

We will take your details, then send an invoice for the amount, to be paid no later than 9th May. All the details will be with the invoice.

Come and see me at the show if you have any questions. Alternatively, PM me here, or e-mail: s.turner@bell.ac.uk for a registration form (PDF or Word).

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

tadltd

posted on 1/3/07 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Now I wasn't at the show on Sunday to take registrations and the guys on the stand didn't know where the forms were. So if you wanted to register and make the saving I would suggest you U2U or e-mail me (s.turner@bell.ac.uk) with your e-mail address, saying that you were at the show but couldn't register....

Ahem.

[Edited on 1/3/07 by tadltd]

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.